ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Best Midlands Golf Course for Beginners?

Just didn’t think it could be Linrick, it’s been run by Richland county forever, i wouldn’t think it could ever have had any financial trouble!
This confirms that you are correct. I received this email today.

Hello Mr. Ward!

Sorry for the delay. LinRick Golf Course has never been privately owned. It was founded by Richland County Recreation commissioners Thomas S. Linton (chairman) and J.W. Derrick in 1972. The name LinRick is derived from a combination of Linton and Derrick. It has always been owned by Richland County Recreation Commission. I hope this helps!

-Kimmie Case, Assistant Manager

This confirms that you are correct. I received this email today.
Funny thing, I actually played with Mr. Linton out there one time, nice gentlemen, only thing I remember was he let us know who he was and he really liked preferred lies!

Funny thing, I actually played with Mr. Linton out there one time, nice gentlemen, only thing I remember was he let us know who he was and he really liked preferred lies!
We all do. I haven't played on many courses where they aren't warranted for handicap, club-level players, although I have played on a few where it would be criminal to touch the ball.

Reactions: Jbouton2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT