ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Beware of this scam!!

washington cock

Gold Member
Feb 10, 2001
Richland, Washington
Received a recorded phone call (voice recording) this morning from a local number in Washington state, stating that the IRS has filed a law suit against me, and to call this number back. After thinking this over, and trying to figure out why the IRS would be interested in little ole me and why they would call from a local number, I called this number. A voice recording came on and said due to a numbering change in the country you have called from, please contact the operator.

IMO, this had suspicion written all over it. I called the Better Business Bureau (never before have I called the BBB) located in Spokane, Washington, and told them what had happened. Bob, finally, a real human being from the BBB, told me this was a scam, and the phone call generated from India. He said they will call me back, but do not call that number again. When they call back, tell them to serve me and meet me in court, basically calling their bluff. Bob said they will take me off their call list. Bob said they are seeking people to send them money ranging from $3k to $7K.

Just wanted everyone to be aware of this scam if it happens to you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News