ADVERTISEMENT

OT: But here we go again with Terminator 6...

Two observations scream from viewing the trailer:

1) Linda Hamilton's plastic surgeon should have His/Her privileges suspended immediately. 2) How will the FX guys create a credible enlarged robotic prostate we will see when Schwarzenegger's body is burned off?

Reactions: Brace1 and Gaimcock
This is to much. I remember the first one in my teens now I am 51, and this is still going with Arnold and Linda Wow!

Well Arnold did say “I’ll be back”.

He just forgot to say “Again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again...”

There is little originality in Hollywood these days. Really hasn’t been for a couple of decades. That’s why we see so many remakes. Doesn’t help that they try to put out a new movie every other day so they can rape people at the box office for their crappy work.
And that’s why I haven’t been to a theater in about 10 years!

Reactions: robertfootball
I read a movie executive’s perspective in an article sometime back- that there is a lot more risks regarding profitable movie ventures in today’s market. Many projects simply don’t make enough revenue to cover overhead- so they have to choose projects based on mass appeal over originality and quality, in order to be profitable. This is especially true in big productions. So, the concept may be old and played out, but if it’ll put enough butts in seats, they’ll do it anyway- over say some risky tear-jerker, or comedy. Point is- in the end, it’s still a business, and sequels have a proven history of box office success, if not a lot of quality movies.

Last edited:
I'll be honest, it's good that certain people are still alive. Linda still looks good, but all these terminators are about as bad as all the Rocky's and Cobra's with Stallone. Make a couple of blockbuster's and move on.

I liked Cliffhanger, Commando, Last Action Hero, True Lies and Over the Top better than a couple of these sequels.

I'll be honest, it's good that certain people are still alive. Linda still looks good, but all these terminators are about as bad as all the Rocky's and Cobra's with Stallone. Make a couple of blockbuster's and move on.

I liked Cliffhanger, Commando, Last Action Hero, True Lies and Over the Top better than a couple of these sequels.

There's a Cobra sequel?

I read a movie executive’s perspective in an article sometime back- that there is a lot more risks regarding profitable movie ventures in today’s market. Many projects simply don’t make enough revenue to cover overhead- so they have to choose projects based on mass appeal over originality and quality, in order to be profitable. This is especially true in big productions. So, the concept may be old and played out, but if it’ll put enough butts in seats, they’ll do it anyway- over say some risky tear-jerker, or comedy. Point is- in the end, it’s still a business, and sequels have a proven history of box office success, if not a lot of quality movies.

& now star wars is going through the “how many spin offs can we milk from this campaign.....

Reactions: TRUEGARNET
Damn them, cause I will probably go see this thing. The last one I remember sucked. It had corny jokes, and I just hated the treatment they gave the script. I'll be one of the dumb bastards in line hoping they make up for that one. Well, the special effects do look cool in the trailer.

A few thoughts:

1) Agreed that Hollywood has no more originality. Subjects with a built-in audience are more of a sure thing than a film that requires audiences to get to know new characters. It also helps them sell the movie to foreign audiences who don't understand English well enough to appreciate a well-written script anyway.

2) As soon a Skynet figured out how to send a Terminator back in time, endless sequels became a foregone conclusion, right? The only way this franchise ends if if the bad Terminator wins. The good guys have to be right an infinite number of times. The bad guys only have to be right once. Sooner or later, Skynet will figure out it needs to send the terminator back to the 1930s or 1870s to wipe out John Connors great-great-great grandfather.

3) Will I see it? Probably. Because whatever other faults this movie may have, it isn't about vampires, trolls, kids' action figures, a comic book super hero, or a video game. Those categories cover about 90% of the crap movies nowadays.

A few thoughts:

1) Agreed that Hollywood has no more originality. Subjects with a built-in audience are more of a sure thing than a film that requires audiences to get to know new characters. It also helps them sell the movie to foreign audiences who don't understand English well enough to appreciate a well-written script anyway.

2) As soon a Skynet figured out how to send a Terminator back in time, endless sequels became a foregone conclusion, right? The only way this franchise ends if if the bad Terminator wins. The good guys have to be right an infinite number of times. The bad guys only have to be right once. Sooner or later, Skynet will figure out it needs to send the terminator back to the 1930s or 1870s to wipe out John Connors great-great-great grandfather.

3) Will I see it? Probably. Because whatever other faults this movie may have, it isn't about vampires, trolls, kids' action figures, a comic book super hero, or a video game. Those categories cover about 90% of the crap movies nowadays.
Well damn. That was pretty deep, and fairly logical. You Da Man!! =;-p

And judging by your UN, I take it that you're not a number. You're a free man correct??

I watched the last one, Terminator Genysys (their spelling), or should I say I started to watch. It just got tired and boring so then I stopped. I would have been upset if I had actually gone out and paid to see this.

Last edited:
I'm going to hold out hope that this will be decent after that genysys garbage and hopefully tie a bow around it all like the last Rocky did, which was pretty good.

It does seem encouraging that LH is involved.

Am I the only one that noticed the green screen at the beginning said this is a fake trailer?
LOL!!! I was wondering if anyone was gonna notice!!

Good job!! But FTR, that movie is coming out in July. Just sayin'!

I'm good here, I have already retired from this franchise (2 or 3 movies ago I guess). I am mildly interested to see Thanos in the new Avengers.

I can re watch - Animal House & Caddy Shack when ever & they beat most of new hollywood in my book.

the-people-s-eyebrow-o.gif

Reactions: whythis28
My understanding is this is a James Cameron production slated for 2019. So, if it's possible to do it "right," Cameron is probably your best bet. The movie is a real thing. The trailer, on the other hand, is "fanmade."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT