ADVERTISEMENT

OT-Columbia Disaster Relief Question

IPOC369

Aug 30, 2015
Sitting on couch.
gab.ai
Can someone provide me with information on where I can donate toward the flood victims in Columbia? I see the Red Cross but that goes into a general disaster fund.I need a link etc for somewhere that I know it is for sure going to Columbia.Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

There are a lot of local efforts, just couldn't find a link that listed all of them statewide. Church's, companies, stores, etc... Your local Red Cross may be able to help with that.

You can always donate to Harvest Hope Food Bank. They're a great organization and have been working overtime this week like so many others.

You can donate to the SC Baptist Disaster Relief fund. They have been on the ground since Saturday. I know some of these folks- they are all volunteer people. You aren't paying for their services. You are buying supplies for them.

They provide HOT meals, medical supplies, to law enforcement, first responders, and anyone that walks up to their numerous tents and trailers in the area. They are in various areas throughout the midlands and lower part of the state.

They also have chain saw teams that go through areas cutting up trees for easy removal later- so people can get into their homes and down their streets.

I have worked with these folks before. 100% of the money is used for food, medical supplies, and general supplies. It doesn't go to a particular church or person.

https://secure-q.net/Donations/SCBCDonations/11080

Thanks.I wish there was somewhere else but that will do as long as it goes to Columbia...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT