ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Covid symptoms

Wife and I were exposed a couple of weeks ago by one of her friends. Within 5 days, wife lost her sense of taste and smell. She and I had been together constantly during that time, so there was no reason for me or our children to quarantine separately. I just accepted that we were all going to get it and prayed for the best.

Toward the end of the first week of her symptoms, I tested negative on a rapid test and then took the 2-3 day test that is more reliable. Those results just came back yesterday and were negative as well.

I'm now scheduled for an antibody test to see if perhaps I've had it already and was asymptomatic. If that comes back negative, then I'm at a loss. There's no way I should not have gotten it.

If I do have antibodies then I've had it previously and somehow my wife didn't get it then. We have not been apart for more than 4 days since the pandemic started.

Also, the friend that exposed us husband has tested negative multiple times as well.

It is crazy. This virus is real, but how it affects people so differently is the weirdest thing I have ever seen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT