ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Crybaby Bridge near Pageland....Since it’s Halloween

Poultrygeist

Feb 16, 2002
season, has anybody been to Crybaby Bridge over Flat Creek? I understand there are other Crybaby bridges. Are there any more “paranormal activity “ spots in SC?

Reactions: aj&uscgrad
We used to go there back in the early 80's, never seen or heard anything strange. Legend was if you shut off your car it wouldn't crank back up. We took a group of cars one night and one girl turned off her car and we got all worried and she got scared but it cranked right back up. Wonder if it is still there?

The same legend exists about Old State Road, starts in Cayce and goes out to Sandy Run. Crybaby bridge, satanic cults, the kkk, you name it, and it supposedly exists down Old State Road. All a bunch of bs, of course.

There's nothing paranormal there, or anywhere else for that matter, but I can dang sure make someone think there is if y'all want me to bring my coyote call down there. This bridge is the perfect scenario for 'crybaby bridge' though. 601 was routed a couple hundred yards downstream(to shallow up the curve?) and the original bridge and road are still there in the woods.

Isn't there a crybaby bridge or road in every state?

I remember hearing that the real one is in Pennsylvania near Amish country.

Not quite the same thing but there used to be a church in Georgetown county that people said was haunted. One night 2 of my buddies and I packed into my Opel GT and went there. It certainly looked haunted. When we got back in the car it wouldn't crank. So we push started it and got out of there. The car was kind of a POS but that is the one and only time it ever did that. Sadly a few years later some vandals burned the church down.

Union County has one. Also a Monkey Dog Bridge near Dutch Fork High, but the area has grown up with subdivisions so much it isnt really scary anymore

Union County has one. Also a Monkey Dog Bridge near Dutch Fork High, but the area has grown up with subdivisions so much it isnt really scary anymore

Doesn't Union County also have "Happy Dog" or am I thinking of someplace else?

There’s one here in Anderson supposedly you stop on the bridge get out and yell I killed your baby and you can here the mom start crying.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT