ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Do you know anyone that is illiterate?

Many of today’s college students cannot write nor comprehend written material. They really never learned basic Subject-verb-object (SVO) composition in the fifth grade and later years of schooling. In teaching college courses as an adjunct professor for 25 years, I failed a lot of papers because they were unreadable.
At my place of employment, I have received emails simply littered with abysmal grammar & diction plus endless run on sentences all within one paragraph! I attribute this piece of rubbish to inexcusable laziness and abject stupidity of the sender. Another end result of these two horrid traits would be multiple emails on the same topic when one well constructed email would have sufficed. These incompetent pretender employees deserve to be terminated!!!

Reactions: hahnenkampf
I'm told that it is much more difficult to learn to read as an adult, than as a child, and there is the embarrassment factor, as well.

We have a couple of church members who teach literacy after church on Sunday. They have been doing this for at least a decade.

It is a larger than you would imagine population. They always have someone calling them who has heard word of mouth.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT