ADVERTISEMENT

OT. Does anyone here have ATT TV ?

uscfutbol

Nov 28, 2012
I have Dish, but they dropped all there FOX Sports Regional channels so no Atlanta Braves, Atlanta United, nor any other sports on fox sportsouth or southeast. Of course their price stayed the same... I have actually heard some positives about ATT TV and they do offer all sports options. They also offer packages with no contract now. I was just curious if anyone can give me some quality information about the service. A lot of streaming services do not carry the FOX sports regional channels.

I use Hulu TV during the football season for live sports then I cancel it. I’ve had sling before and buffering speed was just too long, I’m pretty sure most of the streaming services are about the same. It also allows you to login to ESPN + which has SEC Network Plus, and all the ESPN3 stuff

I use Hulu TV during the football season for live sports then I cancel it. I’ve had sling before and buffering speed was just too long, I’m pretty sure most of the streaming services are about the same. It also allows you to login to ESPN + which has SEC Network Plus, and all the ESPN3 stuff
I have tried Sling TV twice. Right now I have Youtube TV and it is much better than Sling. I use Spectrum for internet and phone. I cancelled their TV because their streaming app started crashing. It made TV unwatchable unless you had a box.

I still have to pay for ESPN+. My Youtube subscription only gets me ESPNU and ESPN3.

I have Dish, but they dropped all there FOX Sports Regional channels so no Atlanta Braves, Atlanta United, nor any other sports on fox sportsouth or southeast. Of course their price stayed the same... I have actually heard some positives about ATT TV and they do offer all sports options. They also offer packages with no contract now. I was just curious if anyone can give me some quality information about the service. A lot of streaming services do not carry the FOX sports regional channels.

I still have DTV and I'll keep it as long as they keep giving me discounts. I went back to them in 2016 and I have yet to pay full price. Looking at the packages for AT&T TV, I'm paying the same or possibly less than the price of their introductory prices and I'm getting more channels than what they offer. I'd be more inclined to go with either Hulu Live or YTTV if they were to add the local Fox Sports networks.

I have tried Sling TV twice. Right now I have Youtube TV and it is much better than Sling. I use Spectrum for internet and phone. I cancelled their TV because their streaming app started crashing. It made TV unwatchable unless you had a box.

I still have to pay for ESPN+. My Youtube subscription only gets me ESPNU and ESPN3.
You should get ESPN, ESPN news and have access to the ESPN app with YouTube TV.

Reactions: cocks rule
Thanks for the advice so far.

So I am guessing by the replies that not many have att.tv. Is that because of the price being higher than the other streaming services or because of the company AT&T and their streaming service is of poor quality and not user friendly.

Because I have att phones and internet, I get a really good "no contract" deal with the Ultimate package getting every sports channel I could ask for. My family is a DVR and Prime/Netflix group where I am all live TV and sports..

I have HuluLive and still have to pay for ESPN+. I have it bundled with Disney+. I know you can login to the ESPN App to watch SEC+ and all those channels with HuluLive, but I'm pretty sure you still have to pay for ESPN+. Of course, it's all so confusing with the Alternate channels, the + streaming channels, and subscription channels.

Reactions: atl-cock
Has anyone tried Philo TV? How does it compare to Youtube TV? I noticed they are priced the same. (I have been on Youtube TV for several years now).

Has anyone tried Philo TV? How does it compare to Youtube TV? I noticed they are priced the same. (I have been on Youtube TV for several years now).
I did just for Paramount Network last Summer (because "Yellowstone"). I don't think it has a much to offer as far as channels at HuluLive, YouTube TV, etc. But since Paramount is coming to HuluLive, I won't have to add it this Summer.

Some of my family are dabbling with YouTube TV. How appealing is that as an option? I don't know anything; I'll admit that to anyone.

Is your network connection wired or wireless?

Getting too much buffering on my wireless with my Firestick. Just about ready to run some Cat5e cabling under my house (I have plenty of Cat5e) and purchase a Firestick ethernet adapter.

What criteria are you using when you state that "Youtube TV is much better than Sling?"

I switched to Fubo TV and find it comparable to YouTube and they seem to have more sports and for some out there, the Hallmark channels. Same price, but they don't charge tax.

I went to Youtubetv about a year ago. It seems to have a lot in they way of sports channles, but no Fox Sports South, so no Braves baseball.

Is your network connection wired or wireless?

Getting too much buffering on my wireless with my Firestick. Just about ready to run some Cat5e cabling under my house (I have plenty of Cat5e) and purchase a Firestick ethernet adapter.

Wireless... I live in the country and my internet comes through the phone line. I have a strong 50 mbps. They say that is plenty to operated two tv's

yep......I have youtube tv and the espn app works for free........ however there is a difference between the ESPN app which allows you to watch numerous games in any sport and the ESPN plus app. That usually runs $4.99 a month and includes certain sports additionally (like UFC stuff but not their ppv stuff)

I loved ATT. It worked great and I had a lot of options and ALL sports. It was just too expensive really. I went to You Tube TV and it works fine. I would go back too ATT if it was cheaper.

I am in the same predicament. I am giving Hulu until the last week of March to figure this out. If not, they’ve lost a customer. I don’t care if Hulu offers to send supermodels to my house on demand, I’m cancelling without the Braves.

A T & T seems to be your only streaming option with Fox Sports. Otherwise it’s cable or dish. I’m sure this is the first of many wars. Love how Hulu spends a bunch of money advertising live sports and yet is cutting them.

Some of my family are dabbling with YouTube TV. How appealing is that as an option? I don't know anything; I'll admit that to anyone.
I've been using YouTube TV for about 9 months now after dropping DirecTv. I like it and it's cheaper. It is a little harder to maneuver through the different channels. I will say that they don't have Fox Sports South so I will have to do something if I want to watch the Braves play.

Reactions: king ward
I am in the same predicament. I am giving Hulu until the last week of March to figure this out. If not, they’ve lost a customer. I don’t care if Hulu offers to send supermodels to my house on demand, I’m cancelling without the Braves.

A T & T seems to be your only streaming option with Fox Sports. Otherwise it’s cable or dish. I’m sure this is the first of many wars. Love how Hulu spends a bunch of money advertising live sports and yet is cutting them.

I tried Hulu for the seven day trail, to watch the braves this past fall, but I didn't find it user friendly at all. Now they no longer have those channels. I also hated the way the guide layout and everything was. Att seems to be more user friendly from what I have watched and seen, but they are more expensive than the others. However, they are still cheaper than DISH

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
YTTV is actually really good, they are soon going to be offering unlimited streams, now capped at 3, and by far they have the best DVR feature, unlimited and never expiring content in your DVR. They will also be offering 4k streaming soon for more $$. If you are technically in same viewing area, with the unlimited stream plan you could share with friends and family and split the cost

I tried Hulu for the seven day trail, to watch the braves this past fall, but I didn't find it user friendly at all. Now they no longer have those channels. I also hated the way the guide layout and everything was. Att seems to be more user friendly from what I have watched and seen, but they are more expensive than the others. However, they are still cheaper than DISH

You’re correct. You get more used to it but it’s been a year or so for me and I still screw it up every now and then.

I don’t care how much I have to see the guy rapping about Hulu carries live sports. Without the Braves I could care less about the rest of it. They’re screwing up big time. I’m not sure they’ve calculated how much. If I leave, I’m not coming back.

Reactions: mikeypen
YTTV is actually really good, they are soon going to be offering unlimited streams, now capped at 3, and by far they have the best DVR feature, unlimited and never expiring content in your DVR. They will also be offering 4k streaming soon for more $$. If you are technically in same viewing area, with the unlimited stream plan you could share with friends and family and split the cost
I agree it's good, but after most of a year with very little variety in live sports that I care to watch I'm willing to try a competitor like Fubo.

Wireless... I live in the country and my internet comes through the phone line. I have a strong 50 mbps. They say that is plenty to operated two tv's
I meant wired in the house. Does your phone line connect to a router? Maybe you can run Cat5(e), 6, or 7 cabling from your TV to your router.

I still contend that one is best off with an outdoor antenna (and if you live in a stand-alone dwelling with an HOA who states that you cannot erect an antenna, they are lying about that if they do not have a community antenna to which you can hook up) for local stations and use the streaming services to supplement OTA viewing. Why pay to stream a channel you can pick up over-the-air at no cost?

I know this is a side issue vis a vis sports channel availability to watch the Braves, etc. But it strikes me as wasteful to pay for OTA as well as non-OTA.

Last edited:
I'm not exactly sure, but earlier this year a SC basketball game was on an ESPN channel and not on a regular network channel or SECTV. I created an account on ESPN using my Youtube TV login credentials to watch the game. It said I had to have a paid ESPN account because Youtube TV (my provider) did not support viewing that broadcast. I forget now but it was right at $5 a month.

What criteria are you using when you state that "Youtube TV is much better than Sling?"
My main problem was that SlingTV buffered too much. I do not have that problem with YouTubeTV.

SlingTV Blue + Orange = $70. YouTubeTV is $64.99 per month for 6 accounts and 3 simultaneous streams.

SlingTV only offers 50 hours of DVR storage. YouTubeTV is unlimited.

There are a couple of channels on SlingTV that are not available on YouTubeTV, but it's not worth it for just 2 channels.

I meant wired in the house. Does your phone line connect to a router? Maybe you can run Cat5(e), 6, or 7 cabling from your TV to your router.

I still contend that one is best off with an outdoor antenna (and if you live in a stand-alone dwelling with an HOA who states that you cannot erect an antenna, they are lying about that if they do not have a community antenna to which you can hook up) for local stations and use the streaming services to supplement OTA viewing. Why pay to stream a channel you can pick up over-the-air at no cost?

I know this is a side issue vis a vis sports channel availability to watch the Braves, etc. But it strikes me as wasteful to pay for OTA as well as non-OTA.

It is wired to the house then to the router, so yes, the phone line is connected to the router. You will have to explain the CAT 5,6,7 thing to me. I am sorry but I don't know what that would do?

I do have an outside antenna so I get all the locals and some... Streaming would be basically for my wife to DVR her "killing shows" 🤣 and movies while I watch sports!!

I really appreciate your help and the input from everyone..

My main problem was that SlingTV buffered too much. I do not have that problem with YouTubeTV.

SlingTV Blue + Orange = $70. YouTubeTV is $64.99 per month for 6 accounts and 3 simultaneous streams.

SlingTV only offers 50 hours of DVR storage. YouTubeTV is unlimited.

There are a couple of channels on SlingTV that are not available on YouTubeTV, but it's not worth it for just 2 channels.
Excellent. Objective criteria. Thanks.

I asked because I've read too many posts on various where the poster stated that X is better than Y. Come to find out that the only difference is that X carried a specific channel or two which Y didn't.

I'm good with everything I have, but your post may help others make a decision. 👍

It is wired to the house then to the router, so yes, the phone line is connected to the router. You will have to explain the CAT 5,6,7 thing to me. I am sorry but I don't know what that would do?

I do have an outside antenna so I get all the locals and some... Streaming would be basically for my wife to DVR her "killing shows" 🤣 and movies while I watch sports!!

I really appreciate your help and the input from everyone..
The ethernet cables have different standards depending on how it's being used. For most home ethernet cable usage category 5 (CAT5) cables currently suffice. Cat5e allows for faster throughput at virtually the same cost as 5.

Hopefully the below link may help explain to some degree.

Reactions: uscfutbol
I'm not exactly sure, but earlier this year a SC basketball game was on an ESPN channel and not on a regular network channel or SECTV. I created an account on ESPN using my Youtube TV login credentials to watch the game. It said I had to have a paid ESPN account because Youtube TV (my provider) did not support viewing that broadcast. I forget now but it was right at $5 a month.
It sounds what you were trying to look at was on Espn+. That requires an additional subscription.

I still have DTV and I'll keep it as long as they keep giving me discounts. I went back to them in 2016 and I have yet to pay full price. Looking at the packages for AT&T TV, I'm paying the same or possibly less than the price of their introductory prices and I'm getting more channels than what they offer. I'd be more inclined to go with either Hulu Live or YTTV if they were to add the local Fox Sports networks.

At&T has just sold DTV... Lost millions of viewers since 2016 purchase....

I see, but no local channels (Edit: also no ESPN channels :-/ ) like Youtube TV has. How does the streaming from Philo stack up to Youtube TV? No buffering? Are all the channels broadcast in at least 1080p?

Thanks in advance!
It is very limited in it's channels. As I may have mentioned here, I used it as a supplement to my HuluLive for Paramount network to watch Yellowstone this Summer. I cancelled it once the season was over.
I would not use it for my primary streaming service.

Reactions: bayrooster
ADVERTISEMENT