ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Earthquake Tremors felt in GA

Harvard Gamecock

May 5, 2014
HOLY CRAP

A little after 4:00 am I wake up to hear the bedside table rattling. My wife thought I was dreaming and shaking the bed, but I knew it was no dream.

First ever experience with tremors. I know it was light but unsettling (no pun intended) to say the least.

My bad. I ate at Chipotle last night.

But honestly we didn’t notice this one in Greenville last night, but a few years ago the one from Edgefield knocked over a picture frame. I realize that’s not a big deal but it was very very weird for this southerner.

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
Woke me up in Atlanta too. It was a bizarre feeling for sure.

My first thought was that it was an earthquake but I was sort of out of it, so I didn't think too much on it and went back to sleep. Woke up and saw the articles this morning. Crazy

HOLY CRAP

A little after 4:00 am I wake up to hear the bedside table rattling. My wife thought I was dreaming and shaking the bed, but I knew it was no dream.

First ever experience with tremors. I know it was light but unsettling (no pun intended) to say the least.

Interesting. I did not feel anything here in Columbia....but my dog climbed up into the bed with us at this time....as I looked at the clock. He does not sleep with us as the norm....but did the rest of the evening.

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
Fake news. No such thing as an earthquake in Georgia! Georgia doesn't even have a fault that I know of. I know South Carolina has a major fault line. But it doesn't extend into georgia. If I recall correctly the South Carolina fault line extends northeast.

Reactions: Gaimcock
Reactions: Gaimcock
thank you. One of the most dangerous fault lines in America runs thru Tennessee, Missouri, and Mississippi. That fault created one of the worst quakes in history about 300 years ago.
The New Madrid. I believe its well past its time for another major shift.

Fake news. No such thing as an earthquake in Georgia! Georgia doesn't even have a fault that I know of. I know South Carolina has a major fault line. But it doesn't extend into georgia. If I recall correctly the South Carolina fault line extends northeast.

People in Georgia THINK they have no faults!
Ironically in that article, despite it clearly stating the quake was in Tennessee, the AJC somehow and for some reason tried the give GA the credit.
I lived in Atlanta for awhile and despite the fact that its a giant sea of cars and transplants, the residents think their S doesnt stink.

Reactions: lawcalcock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT