ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Favorite restaurant meal in Cola

There's nothing better than stopping by the Waffle House on Garners Ferry after a night football game. They have a cook who's been there since 1989. When he cooks your food it looks better than the pic on the menu!

Wadmala Burger at Pawleys Front Porch...cheddar cheese, bacon, fried pickles and BBQ sauce with onions rings.

Mine would be a pimento cheeseburger with pimento cheese fries and a basket of fried okra at Rockaway's. Love that place!
Anyone ever eat at Palmetto Sandwich shop? that's the place that introduced me to pimento cheese hamburgers. Nothing fancy; simply just good.

Favorite dinner: Cajun catfish with grits and collards at Blue Marlin (it's usually only on the lunch menu but you can ask for a bigger portion for dinner)
Wings: D's at Parkland
Burger: Pawley's Front Porch on Harden (used to be Stuffy's on Main until it closed down)
Pizza: Nick's House of Pizza on Sunset
BBQ: Palmetto Pig near CLA
College go to: Fried chicken, green beans, mac and cheese, rice (any lizards thicket)
Been wanting to try: Jackson's Southern Kitchen on Sunset (their Facebook posts are unbelievable)

Last edited:
If you have not had the burger special at Bourbon....you should try it.

Fried green tomato BLT from Mr. Friendly's is something I have never had elsewhere.

Reactions: vehemon
I’m assuming the Biscuit House is gone with all the renovations of the area around the stadium. I loved their chicken biscuits. They were HUGE! The Dixiecrat was pretty awesome too.

Camon is Columbia's gem in the rough. Been around since the 80's, with the same owner/sushi preparer, Mr. Shigeharu Kobayashi. His son, Shige, runs the front. Many agree that it's the best Japanese restaurant around. It's on Assembly Street. Japanese businessmen visiting Columbia seem to always migrate there. Been many times. It's amazing!

Reactions: cockhornleghorn
Camon is Columbia's gem in the rough. Been around since the 80's, with the same owner/sushi preparer, Mr. Shigeharu Kobayashi. His son, Shige, runs the front. Many agree that it's the best Japanese restaurant around. It's on Assembly Street. Japanese businessmen visiting Columbia seem to always migrate there. Been many times. It's amazing!
I wish they were open for lunch. I work across the street.

My real answer might be the BLT with avocado and a side of cheese grits from College Grounds Cafe (Cool Beans). Mercy it's good. Possibly the best grits I've ever had

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT