ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Fighter jets around Beaufort

sclawman77

Jun 27, 2011
I'm on vacation this week near Beaufort and have seen and heard multiple military fighter jets (F16 possibly?) flying out over the ocean throughout the day today. I've seen at least 7 today. Training exercises I'm assuming?

I'm on vacation this week near Beaufort and have seen and heard multiple military fighter jets (F16 possibly?) flying out over the ocean throughout the day today. I've seen at least 7 today. Training exercises I'm assuming?
They've seen some big sharks this year along the east coast.
🙂

Reactions: cockofdawn
Beaufort is only 78.6 miles away from the Bomb Factory, (Barnwell) and 70.2 miles from a major U.S. Navy home port. And, of course TAC in Sumter is 104 miles. Just guessing, you'll probably see a bunch of C-17 Globemasters and if lucky a C-5M Super Galaxy, as well.

Beaufort is only 78.6 miles away from the Bomb Factory, (Barnwell) and 70.2 miles from a major U.S. Navy home port. And, of course TAC in Sumter is 104 miles. Just guessing, you'll probably see a bunch of C-17 Globemasters and if lucky a C-5M Super Galaxy, as well.

When I've been in Beaufort visiting clients, every so often the F18s will be taking off and opening it up off the coast. It's fun to watch. Has to be a fun place to take off from.

Been on Shaw several times. Use to park at the end of the runway and watch the F16s but they don't allow that anymore. If they see you pulling over on the road outside the field, local police will ask you to move along.

Last edited:

What major Navy base is 70.2 miles away?

Don't forget the B-52s with H-bombs being donated to Russia.

We are also giving our existing F-22s to Russia to fight Aruba.

Excited Bill Murray GIF

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT