ADVERTISEMENT

OT:Football

heelzfor2

Aug 16, 2002
Winnabow, NC
Hey Gamecocks, I know this is getting a little off topic these days with the board but do any of you think the Gamecocks from Columbia, SC have any chance of beating the Pirates from Greenville NC?

Piece of advice, shelter in place, protect your women and children because the Pirates are coming to Columbia to take your booty like a clap of thunder.

I like ECU. ALways have. That said, OP...

giphy.gif

Hey Gamecocks, I know this is getting a little off topic these days with the board but do any of you think the Gamecocks from Columbia, SC have any chance of beating the Pirates from Greenville NC?

Piece of advice, shelter in place, protect your women and children because the Pirates are coming to Columbia to take your booty like a clap of thunder.

Never understood why y'all aren't the purple people eaters. Much scarier than some silly pirates.

Why are y'all Pirates when your closest body of water is the Tar River ?????? & how are you going to sail to Columbia for your THRASHING ? We are in a payback mindset kinda season, and our D-Fence is going to be mean............ come by my tailgate for a beer, I fly real pirate & gamecock flags right across from J's Corner.

Reactions: heelzfor2
I think the Tar connects to the Cape Fear, which connects to the Lumber and I think that will get us close to Dillon, from there the little Pee Dee to the intercoastal, hit the Santee and run it up to Lake Murry, which is where you will surrender the booty.
DSwbaq7WsAABWmi.jpg

Your coach beat us when he was at the Citadel. I never count that guy out. He's a great coach.

If East Carolina beats us, it will only serve to help us solve a problem we definitely have.

U ready for the Purple Haze?

Attend a game on a fall Saturday afternoon inside Dowdy-Ficklen, and good luck not getting goosebumps when East Carolina takes the field.

First, a siren blares, then Jimi Hendrix's "Purple Haze." Next comes some purple smoke, a ripped Pirate, and - finally - a jacked-up Ruffin McNeill and the rest of his team to do battle through a blown up skull.

It's considered one of the best sights in college football, and Fox Sports agrees. It ranked ECU's the eighth most exciting entrance in college football,

pg-20-InDepth-ECU2.ashx

I’d say if the Pirates can keep it within 10 going into the 4th they have a great chance.

Do you have 9 - 11 viable players? You will probably beat us. Hope I'm wrong though!

U ready for the Purple Haze?

Attend a game on a fall Saturday afternoon inside Dowdy-Ficklen, and good luck not getting goosebumps when East Carolina takes the field.

First, a siren blares, then Jimi Hendrix's "Purple Haze." Next comes some purple smoke, a ripped Pirate, and - finally - a jacked-up Ruffin McNeill and the rest of his team to do battle through a blown up skull.

It's considered one of the best sights in college football, and Fox Sports agrees. It ranked ECU's the eighth most exciting entrance in college football,

pg-20-InDepth-ECU2.ashx

Interesting that in the linked top ten list of greatest college football entrances, Clemson is #1. I have seen that on other lists as well. I just don't get it.

Have been to Death Valley for three games over the years and am always struck by how anti-climactic it is. I remember the first time going to a game there, I was genuinely excited, even as a Gamecock fan, to witness it. #disappointed #aintallitscrackeduptobe

If East Carolina beats us, it will only serve to help us solve a problem we definitely have.
Why wouldn't they beat us? App St did and we haven't scored a TD since. It wouldn't be a great accomplishment. We're broken (until I see otherwise).

Reactions: king ward
FSU is even with us now and we are likely going to be passed by them in the next football season, in 2021.
We are looking at a shortened or no Basketball season and Baseball could be threatened.
We need to stop this totally now or it will mutate and it will be much worse with no certainty of a vaccine to stop it next Fall.
Sunshine, Ross and ETN will be gone from taterville. I doubt we will lose many, if any.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT