ADVERTISEMENT

OT-- Gasoline shortages coming to SC and NC

$1.779/gal. - Garden City, SC
6:41 AM 9/16/16
Murphy's - Hwy 17 Business & Garden City Connector
$37.56 - 21.115 gal.

Petrol 'usually' spikes up on Thursday's anticipating the weekend influx - not so yesterday. Was out 'early' today to try-out the new 'Flapjacks' - very nice place, good food; but had to WAIT until 7 AM for them to open!
I think they'll 'change' that 'starting time' after a while to 6-6:30 when they realize how early the beach gets going.

Well it's not ideal but certainly not that big of an issue. Hopefully it returns to where it's been soon.

Price has already gone up from $1.85 to $2.09 in Gaffney, SC. :(
Yep, noticed a couple stations on my morning commute jumped $.10 overnight. (Bear in mind, that has in the inground tanks didn't cost them any more......)

Don't forget canned food, bottled water, shotguns and ammo.
i got the ammo and guns covered
th

We went through the same thing back in 2008 here in Georgia. Apart from the inconvenience, I found the panic to be fascinating. Like that Twilight Zone "Monsters due on Maple Street". Screw around with the gas supply and folks go batty.

They'll find any reason to jack up the gas prices. The excuse used to always be fighting in the middle east or threat of a hurricane. Now it's a pipeline "leak". How convenient. I guess the price of a barrel has been so low they needed a little boost.

We went through the same thing back in 2008 here in Georgia. Apart from the inconvenience, I found the panic to be fascinating. Like that Twilight Zone "Monsters due on Maple Street". Screw around with the gas supply and folks go batty.
2005 Katrina was a nightmare. Panic in the streets. People lining up at every gas station to fill up.

They'll find any reason to jack up the gas prices. The excuse used to always be fighting in the middle east or threat of a hurricane. Now it's a pipeline "leak". How convenient. I guess the price of a barrel has been so low they needed a little boost.

Everything in grocery stores shot up when gas prices rose. Why didnt we see the decrease when the prices fell????

They say fruit prices will be high either because of frost, too much rain, not enough rain. lol they got it covered

many stations charge by the opening or closing cost on the day, others charge by what they pay for the gas. It's up to the station I think, which is why sometimes you see many changes at one station and steady prices at others. right now, sprint in Clearwater SC has increased over the past week to 1.99 while Sams in Aiken has stayed a steady 1.77...as of yesterday.

Oil Prices Drop on Glut Fears; WTI Down 6% for Week

September 16, 2016 22:15 GMT

Crude oil prices declined Friday, as rising exports from OPEC reinforced concerns of a supply glut persisting well into the future.

West Texas Intermediate (WTI) for October delivery fell 72 cents, or 1.6%, to close at $43.19 a barrel. The US futures benchmark declined nearly 6% for the week.

- CNBC

They're charging the replacement costs to refill the tanks...not saying it's right but it's common practice.

And replacement cost when it comes down too. All commodities work that way. You sell off average costs and you'll go broke. Too bad folks don't understand that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT