ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Going on a last minute trip to Jacksonville, Florida

Do your self a big favor, drive an extra 30-45 minutes south and stay in St.Augustine.
I would agree with this or stop short and stay at Amelia Island. Jax Beach not all that special IMO. The Landing on the Saint Johns River downtown is much better and has recently been redeveloped. No beach, but if you need the beach, just drive there one of the days.

I would agree with this or stop short and stay at Amelia Island. Jax Beach not all that special IMO. The Landing on the Saint Johns River downtown is much better and has recently been redeveloped. No beach, but if you need the beach, just drive there one of the days.
I would agree about Jacksonville Beach. Like all the Atlantic side beaches in Florida north of the Cape, the beach is nice and wide. But Jacksonville Beach really has no oceanfront thoroughfare like an Ocean Boulevard. A1A is as close as you get and streets run perpendicular from A1A to the beach. Just not a lot of nice lodging there or anything else for tourists. I'd say its mostly residential. I couldn't recommend it as a vacation spot.

Overall, doesn’t appear SC is doing any better and the rate there is still rising. FL, on the graphed trend line, has started heading back down.
Not according to the data reported by the Florida Dept of Health.

From last Saturday:

"The 21,683 new cases reported on Saturday was Florida’s highest one-day total since the start of the pandemic. It came a day after Ron DeSantis signed an executive order prohibiting school districts from requiring staff and students to wear masks."

Last edited:
Not according to the data reported by the Florida Dept of Health.

From last Saturday:

"The 21,683 new cases reported on Saturday was Florida’s highest one-day total since the start of the pandemic. It came a day after Ron DeSantis signed an executive order prohibiting school districts from requiring staff and students to wear masks."
Just students. Students can choose to wear masks or not. Most students that I know through my grandkids are going to wear a mask. Orange County (Orlando) mandated masks for all school personnel Except students. Mandate is in 30 day intervals.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT