ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Human remains believed to be Gabby Petito were found in the Grand Teton National Park.

The time line will be interesting. The boyfriend high tailed it back to Florida pretty damn quickly. I'd say he drove 2300 miles, much of it through the Rockies, and got back to Florida in 4 days. Why?

Now he's disappeared? At least, if they have her body, they can start a criminal investigation and get some search warrants. I'll bet they find her blood in that van.

The time line will be interesting. The boyfriend high tailed it back to Florida pretty damn quickly. I'd say he drove 2300 miles, much of it through the Rockies, and got back to Florida in 4 days. Why?

Now he's disappeared? At least, if they have her body, they can start a criminal investigation and get some search warrants. I'll bet they find her blood in that van.
I drove from SC to San Diego in 4 days when I was a young Marine. It can be done, but it is not much fun.

I seems like the guy‘s parents are helping him get away. I am not sure how long he can live in that swamp in FL if this is where he really is. Pretty miserable with insects. I am thinking he is actually heading in a different direction and this is a diversion.

I'd say you are correct. This is what I believed happened or some reasonable facsimile.

I think she had some type of mental disorder and would occasionally become ballistic. Then I think he got mad and hit and killed her accidently. I think he panicked, tried to hide her body and as you say "high tailed" it back to Florida.

I'd say you are correct. This is what I believed happened or some reasonable facsimile.

I think she had some type of mental disorder and would occasionally become ballistic. Then I think he got mad and hit and killed her accidently. I think he panicked, tried to hide her body and as you say "high tailed" it back to Florida.
Why would you assume that?

Maybe she was pregnant. Maybe he was cruel and sadistic and she stood up to him and he killed her. Maybe he is a psychopath.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I drove from SC to San Diego in 4 days when I was a young Marine. It can be done, but it is not much fun.

I seems like the guy‘s parents are helping him get away. I am not sure how long he can live in that swamp in FL if this is where he really is. Pretty miserable with insects. I am thinking he is actually heading in a different direction and this is a diversion.
You could be right but from what I understand he loves the swamp and kind of knows his way around and hence while it would be miserable to most people it wouldn't be to him.

You could be right but from what I understand he loves the swamp and kind of knows his way around and hence while it would be miserable to most people it wouldn't be to him.
The thing I hated the most was jungle warfare. I hate swamps, bug crawling all over while you are sleeping. Nasty things that bite and sting. Give me a desert any day!

Why would you assume that?

Maybe she was pregnant. Maybe he was cruel and sadistic and she stood up to him and he killed her. Maybe he is a psychopath.
Because they had a couple of fights on this particular trip. In fact, law enforcement was called once and that incident was documented.

But look at the physical appearance of both of them. She had movie star looks, him not so much. Maybe just maybe no other boy, except him, would go out with her because she was a little "nutty". I'm not saying that to be 100% true but am just submitting it as a theory since no one knows for sure what happened, at this point in time.

The thing I hated the most was jungle warfare. I hate swamps, bug crawling all over while you are sleeping. Nasty things that bite and sting. Give me a desert any day!
Me, too. But it was just reported on the news that his parents said he loved the swamp.

Because they had a couple of fights on this particular trip. In fact, law enforcement was called once and that incident was documented.

But look at the physical appearance of both of them. She had movie star looks, him not so much. Maybe just maybe no other boy, except him, would go out with her because she was a little "nutty". I'm not saying that to be 100% true but am just submitting it as a theory since no one knows for sure what happened, at this point in time.
I can't believe you said all that and believe it supports your assumption it is her fault.

She's the one who is dead and it appears likely that the boyfriend did it. But you still assume she's the one with a mental problem?

Keep seeing photos of her. She’s not going to be walking by any time soon. How about post photos of him so I can identify him if he walks by me in the woods.

Reactions: TAV31
I can't believe you said all that and believe it supports your assumption it is her fault.

She's the one who is dead and it appears likely that the boyfriend did it. But you still assume she's the one with a mental problem?
It's been said that they both suffered from mental problems, fwiw.

Well again please let me reiterate, they had a big domestic dispute while on this very trip. Law enforcement was called and it was documented she scratched his face. All I'm saying is that it is POSSIBLE they had another dispute and he hit her and she was accidently killed. I'm not saying it was her fault, I'm just saying it's possible she "went off" and he lost his temper and hit her and accidently killed her.

first, I don’t remember him ever saying her death was her fault. However in your previous post, you’re bringing up these wild suggestions like she may have been pregnant, or he’s a psychopath, blah blah blah, and then question why Freddie would suggest she suffered from a mental problem and occasionally went ballistic.

In fact….not sure if this thread was your time hearing about this case but yes…a few days before she went missing, the police responded to a disturbance/fight between them. The police found HER to be the aggressor. The police were prepared to arrest HER, but the boyfriend did not want to press charges.

again, this is not to say she deserved to die or that he was a swell guy or anything. It just points to the likelihood that Freddie’s suggestion was a lot closer to home than the psychopaths, pregnancies, and other nonsense that you were posting. So instead of questioning Freddie’s opinion, why would YOU suggest that she’s pregnant or that the boy was a psychopath?

• Love
Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky

We drive 1,700 miles to North Dakota in 25hrs to duck hunt. 4 days is about the right amount of time to drive back and casually stopping for rest and things.

Have you watched the body cam footage from their police stop in Utah? It sheds light on both of them...their relationship and state of mind.

This whole situation is a tragedy. Both of them had their issues...

Reactions: BattleshipTexas
Have you watched the body cam footage from their police stop in Utah? It sheds light on both of them...their relationship and state of mind.

This whole situation is a tragedy. Both of them had their issues...
Can you link it? Doesn't come up when I search for it.

I do not know if the Florida police looked at the van yet, but the van was impounded on September 11.

Last edited:
Maybe she jumped off a cliff and he witnessed it. In hiding because it messed him up.

I was in Grand Teton NP last weekend. I saw a fat black bear up pretty close, but I didn't see any missing persons (that I know of).

Rumor is a strangulation death. But the same scenario can happen, she gets him so angry, is slapping him and he grabs her by the neck in anger and before you know it is dead. He panicks, etc.

Can you link it? Doesn't come up when I search for it.

Search for her name on YouTube...it'll come right up. The entire video is about 1 hr 15 minutes. Just be warned, though...now that we know the rest of the story, you won't be able to stop watching the video once you've started.

Volatile relationship. Moab PD knew there was something going on between these 2.
Sad ending.

BTW, Bonnie & Clyde fought like cats and dogs, but couldn't stay away from each other.

I seriously doubt we find this young man alive as well. I believe he took off when additional information was starting to come out. Especially the ones who picked him up hitch hiking.I believe he did it and may be biding his to to commit suicide.

I have done a few 900 mile trips in a day. It honestly isnt that hard if it is all interstate and you avoid big cities during rush hour. Like you said it isnt fun, but with the adrenaline this guy probably had he probably didn't struggle to make 2,400 miles in a short time

Reactions: chief2791
I have done a few 900 mile trips in a day. It honestly isnt that hard if it is all interstate and you avoid big cities during rush hour. Like you said it isnt fun, but with the adrenaline this guy probably had he probably didn't struggle to make 2,400 miles in a short time
I once did 850 miles per day for three days from Long Beach, CA to Atlanta. Rough time!

You should never put your hands on a woman in anger. Period.
No question that is true. But if he pre-planned the murder, maybe they find something on a computer pre-trip, that is first degree murder and in Wyoming can get the death penalty. But if it was a sudden impulse, in the heat of anger, with some provocation, it is probably voluntary manslaughter. Any charge like murder or voluntary manslaughter is a serious charge, but the sentences can be quite different. In Texas, we can execute you for the first and have a maximum of 20 years for the second. Either way, he is in serious legal jeopardy, but how it happened is relevant to the final sentencing from a conviction.

Reactions: rogue cock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT