ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Is it sexist for a man to offer a lady his seat /chair

Never offer your seat to a woman who is a feminist, or one who would consider it an insult or chauvinistic.
Goes back to overall politeness. IMO, a man who gets his pants in a wad when his chivalrous overtures are (politely) refused is just as problematic as the woman who has no need for this chivalry and refuses it in an impolite manner.

Reactions: rogue cock
Goes back to overall politeness. IMO, a man who gets his pants in a wad when his chivalrous overtures are (politely) refused is just as problematic as the woman who has no need for this chivalry and refuses it in an impolite manner.
What many women fail to realize is that you can be a feminist yet still accept chivalry/good manners from men. The two are not mutually exclusive.

What many women fail to realize is that you can be a feminist yet still accept chivalry/good manners from men. The two are not mutually exclusive.

As usual, Batgirl, you are spot on.

I will only add/reiterate is that whether or not the feminist wishes to avail herself of chivalrous overtures, by all means she needs to respond in a polite manner.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
if there are no other seats/chairs available in a given setting?

I would like to see a lot of our lady posters respond.

This was a topic of discuss on the Michael Strahan and (whoever his co-host is) show the other day. I didn't get to hear all the comments but was just wondering in this world of extreme PC we live in today what is considered good manners? I want to say Strahan said he wouldn't offer his seat to a younger woman but again I didn't get to listen to the comments.

I have always offer my seat / chair to a woman when there are no other seats available, just because it was considered good manners and that was the way I was taught many many years ago.

But is it considered sexiest TODAY for a man to offer his seat/chair to a woman?

EDIT: Yes, I misspelled sexist and have since corrected the misspelling. If I don't get a red line I just go with whatever I typed. LOL!

I’m with you.Was taught to be courteous,too,and have no problem if rebuffed by the young lady involved.Have reached the age that playing the “old card” has its advantages-primarily not giving a damn how being a decent person is viewed by others.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
Was that you standing at the bottom of the stairway in the Russel House, looking upwards, back in the days of old, when knights were bold, and the women all wore dresses?

I would like to hear an answer to your question.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT