ADVERTISEMENT

OT: is this correct? (regarding Clemson athletics)

they care about football only. the only other time they care about something is if they have a good season in it. like they cared about baseball until we won 2 ncaa championships.

with that said, they are doing quite well in the sport they care about.

they care about football only. the only other time they care about something is if they have a good season in it. like they cared about baseball until we won 2 ncaa championships.

with that said, they are doing quite well in the sport they care about.

We still care about baseball, but second in priority to football, of course. Basketball comes in at a distant 3rd.

So I was browsing the year end Capital One Cup standings and I can't find Clemson listed at all for women's cup. I must be missing something. Please someone else check. Surely Clemson scored at least one point for the entire season.

http://www.capitalonecup.com/docs/complete-capital-one-cup-standings.pdf

You are correct. Most Clemson fan's don't care that much about women's sports. However, what do you have to do to get a point in a particular sport? Clemson's women's soccer team made the sweet 16 in the NCAA tournament and the women's golf team made the finals of the golf tournament. I would have thought those results would net some sort of points but I don't know the rules.

You are correct. Most Clemson fan's don't care that much about women's sports. However, what do you have to do to get a point in a particular sport? Clemson's women's soccer team made the sweet 16 in the NCAA tournament and the women's golf team made the finals of the golf tournament. I would have thought those results would net some sort of points but I don't know the rules.

Good question. I was wondering the same thing because I didn't believe Clemson was THAT bad at women's sports.

Clearly winning a national championship means a lot; hence Clemson's strong finish on the men's side and USC's strong finish on the women's side. Beyond that I don't have a clue.

The only sport I only care about Women's Basketball, with Bass fishing a close second, and women's equestrian third!

03ncaawomen2-master675.jpg

Y'know, since I live in Big 10 delusion country I find myself defending the honor of both USC and Clemson. Last week I found myself saying that USC & Clemson are 5-0 all-time against tOSU. A Michigan fan took offense at my Clemson cap, and I responded, "It's so much more fun to pull for a nationally-relevant team. You should try it."

Basketball, Football, and Baseball are 1.A, B, and C for me. I have gotten to like Women's Basketball over the last 7 years (nothing to do with Dawn Staley's success, but it coincides with when I started coaching Girls' Basketball). I'll occasionally watch other USC sports. (softball, golf, track).

Stats? Interesting if true.
Well, more men do farm (and the vast, VAST majority of them that are Clemons grads raise bulls) than do women. Not much more, but just saying'!

^^sarcastic irony there; sarcastic irony!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tiger71
Who are you guys trying to fool? Youd give your left nut and both baseball titles for 1 football title.

We don't even field half the teams on this list but the NCAA women's basketball title got us ranked where we are. I understand your hate for Clemson, well I actually don't but nitpicking everything little thing seems childish. Grow up

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
Who are you guys trying to fool? Youd give your left nut and both baseball titles for 1 football title.

We don't even field half the teams on this list but the NCAA women's basketball title got us ranked where we are. I understand your hate for Clemson, well I actually don't but nitpicking everything little thing seems childish. Grow up

tater alert

Watch out.... if you state something that is true about your rival you have to be a Clemson fan..
....don't let facts get in the way of a good argument.
.................Facts are irrelevant, didn't you know

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
ADVERTISEMENT