ADVERTISEMENT

OT - James Bond passed away...

world famous 3rd base hecklers

Sep 25, 2011
Sir Roger Moore was 89 years old...

maxresdefault.jpg

Aw man. Tell me this is one of those fake celebrity death stories.

My Dad was a big James Bond fan, and for him Sean Connery was always THE, James Bond. I came around a little later and Roger Moore was my favorite. Sad to see him go.

I can't remember anything he was in besides the Bond films. I didn't know he was that old which means Connery must be in his 90s.

I can't remember anything he was in besides the Bond films. I didn't know he was that old which means Connery must be in his 90s.
I would have thought so too, but according to wiki (and seanconnery.com) he's younger at 86.

I seem to recall a series called 'The Saint' he stared in. It wasn't bad.

I would have thought so too, but according to wiki (and seanconnery.com) he's younger at 86.
Yeah I figured Sean was replaced by a younger Bond but I guess not.

Honestly I've seen some of the Connery Bond films multiple times but none by Moore. They don't stand up.

Aw man. Tell me this is one of those fake celebrity death stories.

My Dad was a big James Bond fan, and for him Sean Connery was always THE, James Bond. I came around a little later and Roger Moore was my favorite. Sad to see him go.

Same here. The first Bond film I remember watching was Moonraker. I never saw any of the Sean Connery films until much later. There was one actor that played Bond between Connery and Moore. I had to look it up because the only reason I thought of the movie is Telly Savalas played the villain.

Last edited:
Same here. The first Bond film I remember watching was Moonraker. I never saw any of the Sean Connery films until much later. There was one actor that played Bond between Connery and Moore. I had to look it up because the only reason I thought of the movie is Telly Savalas played the villain.

The Bond you are talking about is George Lazenby. He was set to sign a contract for 6 more Bond films, but he got a little too big for his britches and declined. There is a great documentary on Hulu about him called Becoming Bond.

I was a teen during Moore`s Bond movies so he was my favorite 007. He also co-starred with Tony Curtis in The Persuaders, an ABC series that lasted 1 season in the early `70`s.

First Bond movie I saw in a theater was Moonraker - summer of 1979 at the Columbia Mall theater.

"The Saint" was a British import from the 1960s. MeTV was airing it in recent months.

Oh yeah. It was one of those series that was rerun a bunch in my 1970s childhood -- we'd watch it on afternoons after school when it was too cold or rainy to go outside. I always thought it was cool.

That and the original "Avengers" with Steed and Diana Rigg as Emma Peel.

Reactions: Golden Cock
He brought more humor to Bond than all the rest. Heard they may be going back to some of that in the next one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT