ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Just got out of hospital with Rhabdomyolysis... anyone ever had it? Recovery Advice?

Robs412

Sep 5, 2014
I got diagnosed last Tuesday with rhabdo and was in the hospital for four days. I had been working out the Sunday before but nothing out of the ordinary for me. 35 years old, relatively good health. Just curious if anyone else has had it? Any advice to share? Thanks ahead!

I got diagnosed last Tuesday with rhabdo and was in the hospital for four days. I had been working out the Sunday before but nothing out of the ordinary for me. 35 years old, relatively good health. Just curious if anyone else has had it? Any advice to share? Thanks ahead!

How high was cpk and did you have any organ damage?

Stay well hydrated and don't start workouts until completely recovered.

Do only half what you normally do until you are certain you are tolerating it well.

How high was cpk and did you have any organ damage?

Stay well hydrated and don't start workouts until completely recovered.

Do only half what you normally do until you are certain you are tolerating it well.
Initially up to 68,000 but no organ damage. Was released from the hospital with CPK levels around 9,000. Go back tomorrow for another blood test. Really weak today but as can be expected. Thought there might be more testing, MRI, imaging for muscle damage but nothing as of yet. All the doctors could explain is that it's such a freak thing and usually due to overuse/strenuous workout.

Initially up to 68,000 but no organ damage. Was released from the hospital with CPK levels around 9,000. Go back tomorrow for another blood test. Really weak today but as can be expected. Thought there might be more testing, MRI, imaging for muscle damage but nothing as of yet. All the doctors could explain is that it's such a freak thing and usually due to overuse/strenuous workout.

It may just be a freak event, or you might have had a viral illness that predisposed to the rhabdo. They may check an aldolase, or already have. If your CPK does not completely normalize, they may do some additional testing to see if you have an underlying myopathy or myositis. I suspect that they may test for some autoimmune causes as well. I strained both quads playing softball when I was sore from a leg workout 2 days previously. My CPK barely hit 2000, yet my legs looked like a defensive tackle's. 68k is up there.

It will get sorted out. You obviously lost some muscle so the weakness is to be expected...just don't try to get it all back right away.

shoot me an email at gamecockphil@gmail.com and I will send you some info on the best stuff on the planet for the human body and cells for for dealing with anything and everything. One tree from India that has everything the body needs to heal over 320 different diseases , sickness's , and illness's. Many pro athletes are taking it and i have been on it for 2 years. I have been training for 32 years and training others and nothing can touch this all natural product. And South Carolina knows nothing about it.

Did you happen to be taking a statin?
No statin or any supplements. No genetic history either. Sounds like I over did it while not hydrated enough. The more read the more I see how common it is especially with all the high intensity training out there now.

Stay hydrated, friends.

rogers2869 I'm interested but sounds like snake oil?

shoot me an email at gamecockphil@gmail.com and I will send you some info on the best stuff on the planet for the human body and cells for for dealing with anything and everything. One tree from India that has everything the body needs to heal over 320 different diseases , sickness's (sic), and illness's (sic). Many pro athletes are taking it and i have been on it for 2 years. I have been training for 32 years and training others and nothing can touch this all natural product. And South Carolina knows nothing about it.
does your shit work with neuritis, neuralgia and tired blood?

name some of the "sickness's" and "illness's"

I know two co-workers that got it from high intensity crossfit-style workouts. Neither of them were accustomed to those types of workouts and they just overdid it. Both were in the hospital for several days recovering but they recovered just fine. It's sort of scary though.

There's a fine line between pushing your body to the limit and pushing it over the limit. Be careful and stay hydrated...

Was this crossfit?

shoot me an email at gamecockphil@gmail.com and I will send you some info on the best stuff on the planet for the human body and cells for for dealing with anything and everything. One tree from India that has everything the body needs to heal over 320 different diseases , sickness's , and illness's. Many pro athletes are taking it and i have been on it for 2 years. I have been training for 32 years and training others and nothing can touch this all natural product. And South Carolina knows nothing about it.
This would be interesting to hear more about.

Hope you feel better Robs. I just read about this last week for the first time. It's scary.

EVerything comes from a lack of giving your cells ALL the essential nutrients from a natural plant based source and that your body will recognize , breakdown, absorb , and for all your cells to put to use. No one gets it all from there food and even synthetic pathetic nutrition on shelves. America is sick as hell and getting worse. Its all nutrition , cleansing , hydrating , and 7 hours sleep. Solves it all. And staying away from very harmful food additives and ingredients most know nothing about.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT