ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Major bust of drug dealers at N.C. Universities

ruffledfeathers

Dec 26, 2000
South Carolina
OT - Major drug dealer bust just announced involving UNC, duke, and App. State. Wonder if any ties to athletes will emerge. Not any mention of athletes involved, yet, but drugs could be an alternative to a bag man. Looking forward to more details.

Reactions: vacock#
It looks to be related to fraternities. Also why are you looking forward to this?

I will honestly never understand why privileged kids like these would risk ruining their life with drugs. Odds are their likely well off parents will ensure they get a slap on the wrist.

Outstanding responses fellas. Well, except for the first couple of narcs 🤣

From Coaches I visit with, they say it is because kids seldom, if ever, experience the Consequences of their behavior.
Some think entitlement is a reason also. These are top shelf, Character Guys, that are totally invested in their players,
that everyday do it the right way.

Reactions: 3USC1801
Not jumping in to look for or start a political argument bout drugs. If that's your thing, more power to ya. just want to share a story about one of my clients, E.T. Children's Hospital. The hospital has a neonatal intensive care unit specifically for infant drug withdrawal. Think about that for a moment. I promise you, walk thru this unit one time & your life will be forever changed. My last visit, (pre-retirement), If I recall correctly, believe they had just received 6 addicted new borns in less than 48 hrs. You can find the article on the web if you are interested. I don't do links.
As the articles describes, most, if not all the Moms are addicts & got pregnant from selling their bodies for money to buy more drugs. Not to prepare for the baby-- to buy more drugs!
Many of the mothers will go on to jail for numerous charges, selling sex, buying drugs from undercover or stealing, among another thousand reasons. Babies go for adoption once they've gone through withdrawal treatment & found to be healthy enough to leave the hospital. Many however, will leave with lifelong issues because of the addictive drugs. Birth defects, seizures & behavior problems.
Whether you want less drug laws, reduced sentences, reduced budgets for law enforcement, or whatever, that's up to you & I'll support your right to make your own decision.
But, for me, I've seen these 1,2,3 day old infants, it ain't for the faint of heart, Believe me. First time, went back to my car & cried!
Point of this, and ya'll know this, not only will addictive drugs give someone a "buzz, high or whatever, they'll also destroy lives & end lives just like addictive drugs have done to these lil angels. They had zero say in the process yet, they come into this world with the deck stacked against them. Who deserves this?
If you've ever questioned whether or not angels truly exist? I assure you they do! They"re dressed as DR's & nurses & you can find these angels caring for these tiny, tiny helpless babies.
Whatever sentence these college kids or any convicted drug dealer receives, it should be mandatory for them to spend time around these neonatal units & get a long hard look at the horrible dark side affects of drug addiction.

It looks to be related to fraternities. Also why are you looking forward to this?

I will honestly never understand why privileged kids like these would risk ruining their life with drugs. Odds are their likely well off parents will ensure they get a slap on the wrist.
Privileged? lol. I know a whole lot of kids and parents who have been and are presently at these 3 schools. I would say about 90% of them are not privileged. THey work their asz off, are smart and have earned the RIGHT to be at those universities. When you put in the work, it isn't a privilege. It's earned. The vast majority of these students from NC are public school kids. These people are the antithesis of privileged.

If you went to a private school, then you are probably privileged in many ways because your parents had enough disposable income to do that for (possibly) 12 years prior to college. But it also doesn't mean that you aren't smart, didn't work hard and didn't earn your standing at one of these universities.

Charity cases and ones that don't have the same requirements to get into same (said) universities (be it legacy or any other grouping) but somehow end up at these universities are the true privileged....and the sane Americans left know this and will never forget it no matter how many idiot counter culture fruits attempt to chance history, narrative and reality.

Reactions: heelzfor2
Not jumping in to look for or start a political argument bout drugs. If that's your thing, more power to ya. just want to share a story about one of my clients, E.T. Children's Hospital. The hospital has a neonatal intensive care unit specifically for infant drug withdrawal. Think about that for a moment. I promise you, walk thru this unit one time & your life will be forever changed. My last visit, (pre-retirement), If I recall correctly, believe they had just received 6 addicted new borns in less than 48 hrs. You can find the article on the web if you are interested. I don't do links.
As the articles describes, most, if not all the Moms are addicts & got pregnant from selling their bodies for money to buy more drugs. Not to prepare for the baby-- to buy more drugs!
Many of the mothers will go on to jail for numerous charges, selling sex, buying drugs from undercover or stealing, among another thousand reasons. Babies go for adoption once they've gone through withdrawal treatment & found to be healthy enough to leave the hospital. Many however, will leave with lifelong issues because of the addictive drugs. Birth defects, seizures & behavior problems.
Whether you want less drug laws, reduced sentences, reduced budgets for law enforcement, or whatever, that's up to you & I'll support your right to make your own decision.
But, for me, I've seen these 1,2,3 day old infants, it ain't for the faint of heart, Believe me. First time, went back to my car & cried!
Point of this, and ya'll know this, not only will addictive drugs give someone a "buzz, high or whatever, they'll also destroy lives & end lives just like addictive drugs have done to these lil angels. They had zero say in the process yet, they come into this world with the deck stacked against them. Who deserves this?
If you've ever questioned whether or not angels truly exist? I assure you they do! They"re dressed as DR's & nurses & you can find these angels caring for these tiny, tiny helpless babies.
Whatever sentence these college kids or any convicted drug dealer receives, it should be mandatory for them to spend time around these neonatal units & get a long hard look at the horrible dark side affects of drug addiction.

The incidences of infant addiction either took a large jump in the last 5 years or we started opening our eyes to them.

Privileged? lol. I know a whole lot of kids and parents who have been and are presently at these 3 schools. I would say about 90% of them are not privileged. THey work their asz off, are smart and have earned the RIGHT to be at those universities. When you put in the work, it isn't a privilege. It's earned. The vast majority of these students from NC are public school kids. These people are the antithesis of privileged.

If you went to a private school, then you are probably privileged in many ways because your parents had enough disposable income to do that for (possibly) 12 years prior to college. But it also doesn't mean that you aren't smart, didn't work hard and didn't earn your standing at one of these universities.

Charity cases and ones that don't have the same requirements to get into same (said) universities (be it legacy or any other grouping) but somehow end up at these universities are the true privileged....and the sane Americans left know this and will never forget it no matter how many idiot counter culture fruits attempt to chance history, narrative and reality.
Getting a college education in this country has always put one in a place of privilege, I benefit from that myself. Its fairly expensive to attend, even after accounting for academic scholarships and such. An average college student would need the financial support of a parent or the like to afford tuition, books, room and board of today. That's not even taking into account the fraternity dues and other social costs associated with it. So yes I believe those involved are privileged, they attend some of the best universities in the country with all the resources to build a successful future and yet they decide to deal large quantities of drugs instead.

I just find it ironic that people seem to think that college kids dealing drugs, is apparently kids being kids. But young people in rough neighborhoods with little opportunity dealing drugs to put food on the table are considered as thugs, criminals and scum of the earth.

The drug addiction you speak of is tightly tied to opioids. The opioid problem starts with doctors handing it out like candy. Our federal government - with DEA control - has known about this problem for many years and a failed to do a damn thing about it. Thanks lobbyists. To make matters worse, once opioid addicts get going they come to find that heroin is actually cheaper and easier to get. The problem is pervasive and has impacted a ton of people- rich, poor, smart/not smart - and killed many. Very sad situation.

Reactions: heavycock
OT - Major drug dealer bust just announced involving UNC, duke, and App. State. Wonder if any ties to athletes will emerge. Not any mention of athletes involved, yet, but drugs could be an alternative to a bag man. Looking forward to more details.
Back in the early 70s my next door neighbor in married student housing (behind the Russell House) was selling drugs out of his apartment. Don’t think he was ever busted.

The drug addiction you speak of is tightly tied to opioids. The opioid problem starts with doctors handing it out like candy. Our federal government - with DEA control - has known about this problem for many years and a failed to do a damn thing about it. Thanks lobbyists. To make matters worse, once opioid addicts get going they come to find that heroin is actually cheaper and easier to get. The problem is pervasive and has impacted a ton of people- rich, poor, smart/not smart - and killed many. Very sad situation.

Fentanyl is even cheaper and easier to get than heroin. Thanks, China! Payback for the Opium Wars? I suspect that many of them see it that way..

Maybe we could just seize the Sackler family's wealth and call it a day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT