ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Miss SC sues USC

That is so bad I can't watch it. I remember when that happened. She's hot though. I'd love to hear her unrehearsed true answer.
Caitlin Upton was on the Today Show a few days after that. They asked if she would like another chance at the question. Needless to say, she answered it well. She said she had just been overwhelmed.

She has written that a friend took her to a party where some of the USC baseball players were. She said they surrounded her and said hurtful things.

Ms. Upton said that the negative attention from the mistake made her she consider suicide.

She changed her hair color and goes by Caite now...hoping not to be identified by that mistake. She is in LA.

Last edited:
Miss SC should be ashamed. With all of the economic and health consequences in the country and every single school did the same thing? Don`t know her but I`ll say it - comes across as a cold-hearted bitch. Doesn`t she think people have way more important things to do? Comes across as very spoiled and entitled.

Reactions: nikolas22
This won’t go anywhere. The suit will either be thrown out or a federal judge will step in to prevent it from moving forward. If not, every college, high school, technology institution, pre-school, etc... would go bankrupt. My son is graduating HS and his grades since the Covid break from school are being thrown out. The work they did online was just busy work. He will end his semester with the grades he had prior to the start of the Covid. I don’t feel like he was robbed of anything or comes out on the shorter end of the stick. He will be just as successful tomorrow as he was 3 months ago.

This is a totally frivolous suit and a very poor reputation that the young Miss SC has created for herself. Unfortunately for her, her beauty will get her by in many job situations but that narcissism will be her downfall if not checked.

a pageant girl looking for attention? never heard of such thing.

if she is a pageant winner, wouldn’t she likely have a lot of scholarship $$$ that she had won? would she pay this back if she won the suit or pad her pockets?

if she were suing for R&B (unlikely she lived in campus as a senior) and activities fees (fairly negligible amount) some proration of classes toward an online rate, maybe, but the FITS article cites that she is seeking “additional damages”. I’m sorry part of the second semester of your senior year was disrupted, believe me, but life has been disrupted EVERYWHERE. this is bs and this girl is a serious narcissist (shocking as a pageant girl, right?) and I am disgusted by this the more I read into it. never to thee to this one.

And to add insult to injury she’s from my hometown. Dammit

In business this situation is pretty quickly handled by the wording of the force majeure clause. Not many people would agree to paying tens of thousands of dollars for something without a written agreement in place, but that’s what you do when you purchase a college education. So there is no contract to review and probably no legal case.

Caitlin Upton was on the Today Show a few days after that. They asked if she would like another chance at the question. Needless to say, she answered it well. She said she had just been overwhelmed.

She has written that a friend took her to a party where some of the USC baseball players were. She said they surrounded her and said hurtful things.

Ms. Upton said that the negative attention from the mistake made her she consider suicide.

She changed her hair color and goes by Caite now...hoping not to be identified by that mistake. She is in LA.

Her redo answer was as bad, if not worse, considering she knew the question was coming. "My friends and I know where the United States is on the map..."

Agree with what's been said so far. University did refund parking, dorm and meal plan money so it's not like they're trying to keep every cent and just say tough

ADVERTISEMENT