ADVERTISEMENT

OT: My 19 yr old kid has late stage cancer

Im praying for you and your son, but i have to say that was a strange way to let everyone lmow.

Reactions: Heyward1
Add me to the list of those who are wishing nothing but the best for your son's health and for the peace within your family.

The bad news is it's too big to operate on. More bad news is that it's wrapped around his aorta , or one of them..... More bad news, if they can't get it to shrink via chemo / radiation, they cannot and will not even attempt surgery for removal.

He's dead.

The good news: His cancer is confirmed Sarcoma. It is one of the "best" ones that chemo seems to love to kill. Sarcoma responds positively to chemo in other words. He has now undergone his 2nd round of chemo and we were able to get some hard and fast numbers.

The tumor is responding. It is getting smaller. Because of that news, he is currently undergoing his 3rd round of chemo and will be released from the Hospital tomorrow to come home and recover for 3 weeks.

I decided to post this for 2 reasons. 1) So the people here who hate me can feel better about themselves knowing my kid has cancer. These are truly evil, vile people and I wish to have no association with them at all. Of any kind. - Blind to their own hypocrisy if you will

Falsely accusing me - for nearly an entire season - of being HAPPY that Jake Bentley got hurt. I bet that guy is still here too. Vile people. So there, enjoy my pain. Believe me, it says nothing about me but everything about you.

2) I decided to post it because typically when someone posts something like this, the people say they will pray for you, etc....... I don't need prayers. My son sure does though. I want him to grow old and see life......... and right now, that math is very shaky. But getting better. Thanks in advance.

Many prayers

Prayers for the healing of your son. Prayers for tender hearts of those you believe hate you. Prayers for you to have a peace beyond all understanding...all made possible through the grace of Christ Jesus.

The bad news is it's too big to operate on. More bad news is that it's wrapped around his aorta , or one of them..... More bad news, if they can't get it to shrink via chemo / radiation, they cannot and will not even attempt surgery for removal.

He's dead.

The good news: His cancer is confirmed Sarcoma. It is one of the "best" ones that chemo seems to love to kill. Sarcoma responds positively to chemo in other words. He has now undergone his 2nd round of chemo and we were able to get some hard and fast numbers.

The tumor is responding. It is getting smaller. Because of that news, he is currently undergoing his 3rd round of chemo and will be released from the Hospital tomorrow to come home and recover for 3 weeks.

I decided to post this for 2 reasons. 1) So the people here who hate me can feel better about themselves knowing my kid has cancer. These are truly evil, vile people and I wish to have no association with them at all. Of any kind. - Blind to their own hypocrisy if you will

Falsely accusing me - for nearly an entire season - of being HAPPY that Jake Bentley got hurt. I bet that guy is still here too. Vile people. So there, enjoy my pain. Believe me, it says nothing about me but everything about you.

2) I decided to post it because typically when someone posts something like this, the people say they will pray for you, etc....... I don't need prayers. My son sure does though. I want him to grow old and see life......... and right now, that math is very shaky. But getting better. Thanks in advance.
First question, can we do direct emails? I haven't tried on Forum. Also Crete, read my last post on the UFO thread.

That said, i am a miracle patient. Given 18mos in 2011, then later in 2012 I was given 6-9mos. I had to meet with hospital chaplain and the Social Hospice/Disability/Social Security agent to have paperwork in place at 39yrs old. I have metastatic melanoma that had multiple 6cm tumors in lungs, tumors in neck, adrenal gland and tumors raking my ribs. That said, i have regressed to 2 tiny tumors in lungs, and my longevity is unclear but I live free of symptoms and am the Poster Child for MUSC.

Now you have been really nasty in some of your posts towards me because I attended both CU and USC, as well as MUSC. You have been very rude often, but its my duty to help any cancer patients that I can. I have been to Conferences, to small cancer talks as the patient, etc. I had over 100 chemo doses from 6 different ones. I have had 3separate high dose radiation series on neck, then lungs, then kidney.

That said, i would be more than happy to give you and family any feedback or suggestions that i learned through a 9yr battle. I don't harbor hard feelings for some of your semi-evil posts directed at me, but i understand Cancer as a patient probably better than most, mainly due to fact that 99% at my level no longer visit us.

I would love to help if i could, even if different type of cancer. The patient needs feel good stories to help keep them to be aggressive.

FYI, i just mentioned my story on the UFO thread. Up to you, but i think this might be my next calling, to help those with cancer?

First question, can we do direct emails? I haven't tried on Forum. Also Crete, read my last post on the UFO thread.

That said, i am a miracle patient. Given 18mos in 2011, then later in 2012 I was given 6-9mos. I had to meet with hospital chaplain and the Social Hospice/Disability/Social Security agent to have paperwork in place at 39yrs old. I have metastatic melanoma that had multiple 6cm tumors in lungs, tumors in neck, adrenal gland and tumors raking my ribs. That said, i have regressed to 2 tiny tumors in lungs, and my longevity is unclear but I live free of symptoms and am the Poster Child for MUSC.

Now you have been really nasty in some of your posts towards me because I attended both CU and USC, as well as MUSC. You have been very rude often, but its my duty to help any cancer patients that I can. I have been to Conferences, to small cancer talks as the patient, etc. I had over 100 chemo doses from 6 different ones. I have had 3separate high dose radiation series on neck, then lungs, then kidney.

That said, i would be more than happy to give you and family any feedback or suggestions that i learned through a 9yr battle. I don't harbor hard feelings for some of your semi-evil posts directed at me, but i understand Cancer as a patient probably better than most, mainly due to fact that 99% at my level no longer visit us.

I would love to help if i could, even if different type of cancer. The patient needs feel good stories to help keep them to be aggressive.

FYI, i just mentioned my story on the UFO thread. Up to you, but i think this might be my next calling, to help those with cancer?

What? Seriously, wtf are you talking about? (totally laughing btw - thank you) UFO's? Duuuude........ pass it down man.....

I'm sorry, I don't recall what you are talking about, RE: UFO. I do recall seeing "something" as a young man on a camping trip. It was so incredibly high up it just looked like a star floating across the sky. Same height as all the other stars too. (IMHO)..... Anyway, I immediately thought satellite, space shuttle, something ordinary. Cool.

Then the Effin' thing stopped on a dime, a second "star" lit up beside it and the 2 of them moved in a completely different direction. Smooth as silk. In tandem. I have no doubts it was a rendezvous of some sort. But *HOW* that thing stopped on a dime and almost simultaneously started moving in another direction was NOT something I have ever seen before or since.

I still don't know what it was, but I know no humans made that........

Also, a mea culpa (Not even gonna lie, I don't even know what that means) --- In this context I mean it to be waiving a white flag of surrender, peace, whatever.

You were wrong about one thing though. The "because" part.... I don't care that you went to CU or USC and frankly don't even know what MUSC is. Never heard of it. I was ANGRY. Truth is, I've been angry for a long time.......

So in my infinite wisdom (pure ass luck) , I searched for Bible verses about peace. I found one that seemed to fit .....for whatever reason: John 14:27 - Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Can't explain it, a lot of my anger left that day.

Send me a link to the UFO post thing..... It's been months since I logged in here.

Yes. It is my understanding we are allowed to share email addresses as long as they are requested - not spam, etc....

Reactions: Triton20x

He's dead.

As a 3 time Hodgkins Lymphoma survivor, I understand the fear of the disease. As a parent, my heart aches for you. As a believer, I will pray for your son.

Chemotherapy is rough and time in a hospital is crappy to say the least. But with a strong will, family/friends support, some faith, and good doctors a recovery is very realistic.

The only piece of unsolicited advice I will offer is this... watch Jimmy Valvano’s speech. It became words that I lived by. There was a picture that my kids colored for me during the toughest of times. It was a bird(like a crane) trying to eat a frog. The frog was squeezing the birds neck. The caption said... “never give up!” just like Jimmy V. had said in his speech.

Well, I never did and 14 years later, I watched my oldest graduate HS and will be headed off to be a Marine. Best of wishes to you (your family) and your son!

Beautiful sentiments from the fgf family, this is way above any drivel posted on a message board! Prayers to your boy and your family, I can’t imagine what you guy are going through! Peace

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
As a 3 time Hodgkins Lymphoma survivor, I understand the fear of the disease. As a parent, my heart aches for you. As a believer, I will pray for your son.

Chemotherapy is rough and time in a hospital is crappy to say the least. But with a strong will, family/friends support, some faith, and good doctors a recovery is very realistic.

The only piece of unsolicited advice I will offer is this... watch Jimmy Valvano’s speech. It became words that I lived by. There was a picture that my kids colored for me during the toughest of times. It was a bird(like a crane) trying to eat a frog. The frog was squeezing the birds neck. The caption said... “never give up!” just like Jimmy V. had said in his speech.

Well, I never did and 14 years later, I watched my oldest graduate HS and will be headed off to be a Marine. Best of wishes to you (your family) and your son!

As i was in dire hope of survival, I ran across the Jimmy V speech and cried as I listened, then felt more empowered as I had a release and realized that I hadn't given up but yet I could do more.

Reactions: GivEmDaSpurs

He's dead.

So sorry to hear about your son ConKrete. He is and will continue to be in my prayers... as will you and your family.

He's dead.

Sorry to hear this man. Praying for your son and you. No father should outlive his son. Wish him nothing but the best and good luck to yall.

What? Seriously, wtf are you talking about? (totally laughing btw - thank you) UFO's? Duuuude........ pass it down man.....

I'm sorry, I don't recall what you are talking about, RE: UFO. I do recall seeing "something" as a young man on a camping trip. It was so incredibly high up it just looked like a star floating across the sky. Same height as all the other stars too. (IMHO)..... Anyway, I immediately thought satellite, space shuttle, something ordinary. Cool.

Then the Effin' thing stopped on a dime, a second "star" lit up beside it and the 2 of them moved in a completely different direction. Smooth as silk. In tandem. I have no doubts it was a rendezvous of some sort. But *HOW* that thing stopped on a dime and almost simultaneously started moving in another direction was NOT something I have ever seen before or since.

I still don't know what it was, but I know no humans made that........

Also, a mea culpa (Not even gonna lie, I don't even know what that means) --- In this context I mean it to be waiving a white flag of surrender, peace, whatever.

You were wrong about one thing though. The "because" part.... I don't care that you went to CU or USC and frankly don't even know what MUSC is. Never heard of it. I was ANGRY. Truth is, I've been angry for a long time.......

So in my infinite wisdom (pure ass luck) , I searched for Bible verses about peace. I found one that seemed to fit .....for whatever reason: John 14:27 - Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Can't explain it, a lot of my anger left that day.

Send me a link to the UFO post thing..... It's been months since I logged in here.
Keep reading scripture, I promise you He will get you through this. I am currently recovering from a melanoma diagnosis in my eye at MUSC, 6 in a million get this, go figure. I know without a doubt He is getting me through this. I have CT scans scheduled every 6 months for next 5 years at least. God will get me through this I know. Stay strong!

First of all, I hope for the best outcome. Second, as many posters I enjoy ( agree with them or not) there are many I don’t. But I don’t believe there are those who want bad things to happen to you or yours. If there are don’t let them live in your mind. Again, hoping the best for y’all and anyone else in that position
Prayers for your son.

He's dead.

Hoping for the best possible outcome and praying for your son.

I prays that God will heal on every front of your life. Brother some folks are tough keyboard players. No face to face capabilities. I hope and Pray for the feeling touch of Gods hands.

I have 3 boys of my own and I’m telling you they and their mom are everything to me, as I’m sure your family is to you. I have and will continue to pray for your son.

Humanity is so much greater than a message board, or the colors of our teams, or even a virus. It’s heartwarming and promising.

ConKrete - hang in there. I’m not a big prayer guy, but I believe that the mind is powerful. Truly believing that you and your family will get through this can make a world of difference!

Very very sorry to read the news about your son. I truly hope and pray the chemo continues to shrink his tumor.
I would like to tell you about a series of podcasts I have found very enlightening to listen to. As a long time ICU nurse, I have seen and been touched by a lot of sad cases in my career. Anyway, the podcast are on NPR and they are by Kate Bowler, a prof at DUKE. The title is EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON AND OTHER LIES IVE LOVED. It's about her own battle with stage 4 colon cancer at 35.
I hope you check them out.

Prayers to your son and family. Hopefully he'll make a full recovery . My mother died from brain cancer Tuesday and we buried her Saturday. Make sure you let your loved ones know how much you love them.

ADVERTISEMENT