ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Myrtle Beach Days!!

savoirspur74

Feb 5, 2003
Anyone have any thoughts on or experience with these potential spots for an upcoming MB weekend - Forest Dunes, Carolina Winds, Beach Colony, The Palace, Sea Watch, or The Palms?? Thanks for your help! Go Cocks!:)

Last edited:
Outlet Warning because of traffic, etc.? Or because I need to place a HOLD on the Spouse's credit cards, LOL???;)

I LOVE MYRTLE BEACH. MAYBE HEYWARD1 can tell us a better place to go. On second thought it would surely be JUST HIS OPINION!

Reactions: Golden Cock
Anywhere in Kingston Plantation, Avista in NMB, Crown Reef in MB if you have kids but it is a little more crowded with tourist. I know Crown Reef was booked 100% this weekend.

Anyone have any thoughts on or experience with these potential spots for an upcoming MB weekend - Forest Dunes, Carolina Winds, Beach Colony, The Palace, Sea Watch, or The Palms?? Thanks for your help! Go Cocks!:)

Since you asked on a sports board maybe you should try the Gay Dolphin

Reactions: acmnni1
My preference is somewhere away from MB proper.....Surfside..Garden City,
Litchfield to the south....Cherry Grove to the north...not sure what you're looking for..but those are the places i would go......basically anywhere north or south of MB proper

Last edited:
My preference is somewhere away from MB proper.....Surfside..Garden City,
Litchfield to the south....Cherry Grove to the north...not sure what you're looking for..but those are the places i would go......basically anywhere north or south of MB proper
Ocean Creek is good family resort. Up north so you miss a lot of the congestion of MB. Plenty to do in that area.

Of the one's you mentioned, I've been to the Palms, the Palace and Sea Watch. Thought Sea Watch was best of those. Nicer décor (beachy and clean). Not dated.

Don't go to Mrytle Beach. It is the eye sore of South Carolina.

Not sure why you say that. We travel to many beaches, from Maryland to the Florida gulf, Panama City, San Destin etc. MB seems to have as much as any of the others. Its a city beach, high rise buildings. Can it compare with South Beach or Pawleys Island? No, it is not the same thing. Depends on what you like. Quite a few Americans and Canadians seem to like it a bunch!

Yes, it depends on what you want, but you need to account for biker weekend when you schedule.

Island Vista. Fantastic pools (with a poolside bar), and it's oceanfront.

I'm not the biggest fan of MB, but with small (to medium) kids, they love it. Vacation is all about them for now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT