ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Myrtle Beach Days!!

On the way to the beach I like to stop by Cooper's (US 521, Salters) .. good low country Q, hoop cheese, country ham, sausage..sliced bologna..cast iron skillets, fan belts...homemade desserts..fuel...an oasis amongst the strawberry fields..
Been awhile since I've been busy to that place!! Kewl just to stop at!!

Reactions: danny_dristor
Myrtle Beach is a beautiful place, best beaches on the east coast.
Being from HHI, I would disagree about the best beaches.

However, I used to love MB when it was that shabby little beach town with all the Mom n' Pop motels on OD, the Pavilion, the Boardwalk, Peaches Corner, the Bowery, etc. IMO, Burroughs & Chapin ruined MB and it is now just Branson, Missouri with a coast. Please tell me that Fat Harold's Beach Club is still there.

Last edited:

However, I used to love MB when it was that shabby little beach town with all the Mom n' Pop motels on OD, the Pavilion, the Boardwalk, Peaches Corner, the Bowery, etc. IMO, Burroughs & Chapin ruined MB and it is now just Branson, Missouri with a coast. Please tell me that Fat Harold's Beach Club is still there.

What school did you go To on HHI?

What school did you go To on HHI?
I didn't. Grew up in Greer. Lived in the HHI / Bluffton area for 19 years. Are you related to the Bluffton Heywards?

Kids went to HHCA until HS. One went to Bluffton, the other goes to May River.

Last edited:
MB is super commercialized, you really should stay somewhere in Surfside. That place with the cheap coffee and the pier restaurant / arcade is where it's at.

I use to stay in the Myrtle Beach area when I was young and drive up to OD just to go to Fat Harolds. As I got older I realized it wasn't a good idea to do that and be driving back about 3 shades to the wind, so now we just stay in OD(real homesy feel) walk to Fat Harolds and Ducks and don't worry about driving. We usually stay at Ashworth. Fat Harold passed away about two years ago but his place is still going strong.

Reactions: rogue cock
Been awhile since I've been busy to that place!! Kewl just to stop at!!

Yeah..a step back in time..and a dam good place to get some great food...and a cast iron skillet if ya need one....they've got whole country hams hanging from the ceiling...fresh country sausage in the meat case...highly recommended

Spent many many many great nights in Myrtle Beach when younger and living in Georgetown Great place in the 50s and 60s. Some nights I was even sober and still had a good time.

Of course my main stomping ground was Pawleys Island back in the Pavilion days.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT