ADVERTISEMENT

OT , not trying to make anybody mad. BUT....

jeff2001

Apr 5, 2003
If you spent around $90 per shirt. For a shirt that was made to be "untucked" you are not very smart. How gullible can people be? If I want an "untuckit" shirt I will untuck the shirt I have on. I'm going to start a company and call it the "inside out shirts". Shirt made to be worn inside out. Amazing......

The things people will do in order to appear "in". It seems ridiculous to me. Those pants that some men wear that are 4 or 5" below the natural waist, in order to look "fashionable", look silly. Especially any man over 30. They are trying to make record players an in thing so they can get scratchy and lose their sound. One of the silliest is making clothes that have to be ironed when you can buy permanent press.
These sheep allowed the "trend setters" to destroy disco. Music I loved and still do. Why give power to those people? It just stokes their egos.

If you spent around $90 per shirt. For a shirt that was made to be "untucked" you are not very smart. How gullible can people be? If I want an "untuckit" shirt I will untuck the shirt I have on. I'm going to start a company and call it the "inside out shirts". Shirt made to be worn inside out. Amazing......
I imagine it has a shorter shirt tail? Some shirts look better untucked than others

The things people will do in order to appear "in". It seems ridiculous to me. Those pants that some men wear that are 4 or 5" below the natural waist, in order to look "fashionable", look silly. Especially any man over 30. They are trying to make record players an in thing so they can get scratchy and lose their sound. One of the silliest is making clothes that have to be ironed when you can buy permanent press.
These sheep allowed the "trend setters" to destroy disco. Music I loved and still do. Why give power to those people? It just stokes their egos.

Those trend setters you despise are the same ones that made disco music the top trending music in the late 70's.

Welcome to 2018...

Untuckit

I actually kinda like those to be honest!! =;-p

To preface, I do not own any of these shirts and generally don’t find myself in a situation where I need an untucked dress shirt. If a dress shirt is requiredx I’m tucking it in; and if it’s casual enough for an untucked shirt, I’ll just wear a golf shirt.

That said- I do think it’s a decently good idea. Most normal dress shirts do not look good untucked and this sort of solves that problem for the folks who like that style.

Those trend setters you despise are the same ones that made disco music the top trending music in the late 70's.
Disco Sucks!!!

Reactions: KayakCock
pretty much all my shirts are UNTUCKED... Whats the big deal??
giphy.gif

I'm a trend setter. I was wearing holes in my jeans before they became popular. My most recent work includes the comeback of flannel shirts. Trust me, wearing untucked shirts made to tuck in will be back soon. It's a rebel thing.

I don't agree with that. Those people are incapable of spotting something new and refreshing and making it popular. They are pretty good at doing the opposite.
Disco Sucks!!!
Booooooooooooo!!!! Disco is gonna make a comeback and I am gonna make sure it does.:)

Just let the people who want to pay $90 for an untucked shirt pay $90....its a sign of a strong economy if you ask me and it's the beauty of a free market.......find a need (even if just for a portion of the population), fill the need, and get rich.

Stopped tucking my shirt when I retired, and got a bigger gut, but I had a lot of those really long tailed ones. Made that way to keep them in your trousers I suppose. I always hated them, and bought some cheap shirts from Land's End. These have very sparse cloth on the tail end and work great untucked. I guess that's why they are a lot cheaper.

You might want to think about this a little more.

Reactions: Cybercock
I look good in a smmedium ;) .

working from home = gym shorts, t-shirt (socks/slippers when it's cold out.
Travel attire = Jeans or Kahki, collared golf shirt. Cross country red eye = sweat pants t shirt sunglasses
*Bose noise canceling headphones
unless an attractive lady is interested in making small talk*
business attire/appointments =
slacks & pressed dress shirt (rarely a tie).

Just be cause you add a sport coat, doing so with out a tie seems silly to me but the business culture has popularized this look as to say, I am dressy, but cool because I don't have tie. If your wearing a sport coat or suit coat, put on the damn tie.

Untuckit is not making shirts for guys that have big guts, or will get a size smaller shirt (that hence doesn't fit particularly well) so the shirt tail won't hang down past the buttocks, or think "untucking a shirt" is all there is to it. They market to guys who want to look good, be they 20 or 60+. Their stuff is pretty high quality.

Just be cause you add a sport coat, doing so with out a tie seems silly to me but the business culture has popularized this look as to say, I am dressy, but cool because I don't have tie. If your wearing a sport coat or suit coat, put on the damn tie.

So you can look like an insurance salesman, am I right.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
I actually really like the untuckit shrts. Jeans and an untuckit shirt and I can take my wifeout to eat just about anywhere in Charleston. Regular dress shirts left untucked look very sloppy, and a dress shirt tucked in jeans looks like nerdy Dad attire. I'm 43 so i'm no spring chicken, or trend setter, I just like to look nice while remaining comfortable.

I actually really like the untuckit shrts. Jeans and an untuckit shirt and I can take my wifeout to eat just about anywhere in Charleston. Regular dress shirts left untucked look very sloppy, and a dress shirt tucked in jeans looks like nerdy Dad attire. I'm 43 so i'm no spring chicken, or trend setter, I just like to look nice while remaining comfortable.

Dang I'm 25 and do this :(

Reactions: Cock-a-Doo
I bought an Untuckit shirt with some orange in it back in August to wear to College Station. At the time I was 6'4", 274. Really liked it but was used to wearing my tall size LL Bean shirts untucked and the Untuckits are way shorter. Felt like I was going to expose my big belly in the Untuckit which nobody wants. Between mid-September and now, I've dropped 39 pounds, 4 waist sizes and 3 coat sizes. Now the Untuckit shirt is a great fit. Not remotely sloppy looking like just untucking my standard shirts. I guess the moral of the story is if you like an untucked look, which I do, a shirt tailored to be untucked can be a better look than one that isn't. Body type is a huge factor. With a coupon code I only paid about $20 more than I do for my Beans and there is a level of customization you don't get with off-the-rack shirts.

Reactions: Heyward1
That settles it, Jeff is a crotchety old fart who is going to go broke investing in "inside out" shirts. Laughing

Reactions: jeff2001
Between mid-September and now, I've dropped 39 pounds, 4 waist sizes and 3 coat sizes.
You lost 40lbs in three months? Way ta go. I know it wasn't easy. I have OCD so if I gain weight it drives me crazy. I do treat myself between Tksgiving week and NYs Day week.

Reactions: punydevil

I don't agree with that. Those people are incapable of spotting something new and refreshing and making it popular. They are pretty good at doing the opposite.

Booooooooooooo!!!! Disco is gonna make a comeback and I am gonna make sure it does.:)

You may not realize this, but you just contradicted you own statement. By it's very definition a trend setter would be someone who leads the way in fashion, music, etc. These are the same people you blame for the demise of disco by moving on. Then you state they are incapable of spotting something new and making it popular. However, this is exactly what trend setters do.

e31.jpg

I look good in a smmedium ;) .

working from home = gym shorts, t-shirt (socks/slippers when it's cold out.
Travel attire = Jeans or Kahki, collared golf shirt. Cross country red eye = sweat pants t shirt sunglasses
*Bose noise canceling headphones
unless an attractive lady is interested in making small talk*
business attire/appointments =
slacks & pressed dress shirt (rarely a tie).

Sweat pants? ewwww

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT