ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Our New York City Report.

Lived on Long Island for 5 years back in the 70's and went into the city a bunch. Loved every minute of it. unbelievable restaurants. Found Manhattan much easier to drive in than Boston. Big Yankee fan so made the trip to original Yankee stadium a lot as well. Great times!

Yes, I totally agree. Boston is the worst driving experience by far. Those bean eaters deserve what they have.....roads following the old cow paths evidently.

First time I was up there back in 02 or 03, it was suggested to me by a Jersey friend that I just ride the subway from LaGuardia to Manhattan, and once there either walk, take a cab or use the subway again. All those options work of course, but here's the thing, if you DON'T know Manhattan, then you're gonna struggle unless you just happen to know exactly where you're headed or only have one destination/address!!
It's a heck of a lot easier these days with a "smart" phone. Put address where you want to go in Google Maps then push the public transit button -- it will tell you which train to get on, which bus, whatever. I agree it'd be tough to figure out otherwise; some cities only have a couple lines but in New York it's the freaking J train, the 8 train, lots of crap to keep track of. Heard London and Tokyo are the only ones more complex

Reactions: Gaimcock
It's a heck of a lot easier these days with a "smart" phone. Put address where you want to go in Google Maps then push the public transit button -- it will tell you which train to get on, which bus, whatever. I agree it'd be tough to figure out otherwise; some cities only have a couple lines but in New York it's the freaking J train, the 8 train, lots of crap to keep track of. Heard London and Tokyo are the only ones more complex

I think we were on the J train once.

ADVERTISEMENT