ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Patio furniture? Other than the obvious are there any retail store that have a decent

I have gotten great deals on Target.com and Wayfair.com. Don't be afraid to order online with free shipping. Read the # and rating of reviews.

Seems odd, but I wandered into a Big Lots up here (DC area) some months ago while I was getting new tires on my car and killing time. They had a pretty decent looking selection of patio furniture.

Reactions: sdwexler
Bought a set from Kohl's about six years ago. Sonoma. Had to replace the cushions last year but I could have cared for the old ones better. Wicker still looks in excellent shape and with the new cushions, the whole set looks brand new. Highly recommend.

Reactions: 67gamecock
We have a sectional outdoor couch we bought from Ikea years ago that they still sell and we are still using. It is really comfortable and is holding up well. The only problem is since it is from Ikea the cushions are a non standard size but win some lose some.

Do yourself a favor. Try to get Sunbrella material. You will pay more upfront, but the covers will last for a very long time. We bought our patio furniture almost 10 years ago and there has been no fading whatsoever.

Reactions: northGAcock
selection that might get overlooked in the Columbia area?
Tia

Bed Bath and Bugger Pickers

Big Lots

World Market

You don’t usually think of those but I have bought from all three. Good stuff at rock bottom prices, especially now.

Seems odd, but I wandered into a Big Lots up here (DC area) some months ago while I was getting new tires on my car and killing time. They had a pretty decent looking selection of patio furniture.
Yes got a really nice Broyhill outdoor dining set there.

Reactions: JDishnell
A couple of important things to consider. Is the furniture going to completely exposed outside or will it be under some type of covering. If it's completely exposed the furniture they carry at the big box stores is probably not your best option. Though less expensive they are not as durable, you'll end paying more in the long run.
In this case value is more important than price.

I like the Restoration Hardware Teak furniture. It costs more but it lasts forever if you rub some teak oil on it once a year.

Some of the stuff in there seems nice but horribly overpriced. Other things don’t seem too bad there but they really think highly of their selection.

They beat Amazon and Wayfair on the same resin wicker chair by $20.

There are many of them, you just need to find the right price. In Columbia will not be a problem to purchase some furniture that will be interesting for you. On https://nyfurnitureoutlets.com/furniture-brands/furniture-of-america you can check big varieties of them, and not only for patio. They have very interesting offers and options that will be interesting to take in consideration as the option to purchase with delivery to your house. I have bought from their store King Size Bed for master bedroom, and we enjoy with my wife our sleep in comfort. Their mattresses are above and beyond the experience we had before, with our old bed. Just browse this website and see what they have.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, found a really nice sectional with chairs and a table at Ashley!

I have gotten great deals on Target.com and Wayfair.com. Don't be afraid to order online with free shipping. Read the # and rating of reviews.
Everything I’ve ordered on Wayfair was shoddy quality stuff. Will never use them again

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT