ADVERTISEMENT

OT: People who text memes

Chanticleer37

Sep 17, 2003
In the past few months, I've had two friends/acquaintances get pissed at me because I quit responding to their texts. Truth be known, I silenced their alerts because most of what they sent were stupid memes. I'm not talking 1 every now and then, I mean multiple memes per day. Both are professional men in early 40s.

Anyway, I was curious if any of you have dealt with this. I was honest with my friends and the memes have stopped. It's just a newer, quicker form of the forwarded email.

Reactions: coolcock2001
communication and noise are usually two different things, so if the "meme" carries a relevant point.......
I have not found a need for very many memes in my communications (there was a brief Baby Yoda phase but I was careful not to use excessively) . I do like the half full whiskey glass on I-phone typically on Friday shortly after 4pm

Reactions: Dizzy01
tenor.gif

Memes are funny but yeah I don't need them texted to me. When you work online and spend time on forums, chances are you already saw it weeks ago anyway.

My cousin keeps involving me in a chat with 2 guys I don't know. I keep removing myself from the group.

I silence every group message I get added to. Having my pocket buzz constantly gives me anxiety. You think something's wrong and it's just 10 people going "lol"

I silence every group message I get added to. Having my pocket buzz constantly gives me anxiety. You think something's wrong and it's just 10 people going "lol"
I’ve dropped out of every single group chat my family (on both sides) have ever added me to. I just can’t seem to bring myself to care when someone paints a room in their house or what they had for lunch and then everyone asking questions or making comments about it. For most of them the once or twice a year we typically talk is far more than I need.

Reactions: coolcock2001
I’ve dropped out of every single group chat my family (on both sides) have ever added me to. I just can’t seem to bring myself to care when someone paints a room in their house or what they had for lunch and then everyone asking questions or making comments about it. For most of them the once or twice a year we typically talk is far more than I need.
I have a family group for both sides and enjoy the heck out of it. We are very family oriented though.
Also have a group with my core group of friends. They can hit 500 text by lunch sometimes it’s 10 people though.

I have a family group for both sides and enjoy the heck out of it. We are very family oriented though.
Also have a group with my core group of friends. They can hit 500 text by lunch sometimes it’s 10 people though.
tenor.gif

Since my department has been sent home permanently to work remote, We use MS Teams to communicate instantly. These people talk about everything except work all day long. Then I hear from salespeople that the younger workers are SLOW.

Memes are the lowest form of communication. They might as well be sending pics of the toilet after every bowel movement. Cut those friends off immediately.

Lol. Just messing with ya. It’s an app where ppl can post videos an share them w the world. The videos are only like a minute long or less or something like that. It’s basically YouTube but with minute or less, videos.
Not to mention you can make six figures

Reactions: THMoore100
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT