ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Prayer Request Mom fatal Two months or less to live?

Crazy Cock 89

Nov 27, 2011
I know this may strange me asking this to some of you. I apologize to those folks. But sometimes it feels like we kind of get to know one another. I just received a report today, my mother has a large mass in her abdomen, kidney, and around her heart. She is terminal and has 2 less than 2 months to live. We lost my dad a little over 3 years ago. It has been a difficult 3 years for her and the family. Don't think she ever recovered from it. She was a homebody and didn't really reach out to anybody other than the immediate family Not sure what to ask you to pray for. Thanks for taking time to read this and for those who choose to pray thank you for your prayers in advance. She is older, 82 years old

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

Edit: If you have children, ask your mother questions that the children might want to know later in life, i. e. Family remembrances she had from her youth, family tree info only she would know, identify people in old photos.

People discover late in life that they wish they had asked certain questions but never did until too late. Your mother can still pass along a legacy (perhaps video her memories) unto future generations.

Last edited:
I know this may strange me asking this to some of you. I apologize to those folks. But sometimes it feels like we kind of get to know one another. I just received a report today, my mother has a large mass in her abdomen, kidney, and around her heart. She is terminal and has 2 less than 2 months to live. We lost my dad a little over 3 years ago. It has been a difficult 3 years for her and the family. Don't think she ever recovered from it. She was a homebody and didn't really reach out to anybody other than the immediate family Not sure what to ask you to pray for. Thanks for taking time to read this and for those who choose to pray thank you for your prayers in advance. She is older, 82 years old

Not strange at all. Prayers for you and yours.

Reactions: Crazy Cock 89
Will pray for your family.
My mother in law died unexpectedly 3 weeks ago today. It’s been hard but Gods grace is enough.

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

Edit: If you have children, ask your mother questions that the children might want to know later in life, i. e. Family remembrances she had from her youth, family tree info only she would know, identify people in old photos.

People discover late in life that they wish they had asked certain questions but never did until too late. Your mother can still pass along a legacy (perhaps video her memories) unto future generations.
^^this^^
I lost my mom suddenly 30 years ago this December. I would give most anything to be able to ask her the answers to questions that I had even before her death.
Prayers for love and peace for you and your family.

We will pray that you can somehow find peace with all of this, and that she will not be in too much pain in her remaining days. I have no answers and your statement about not being sure what to pray for rings true for me many days. May God keep you close during this time to help you through making her remaining days as good as they can possibly be.

Prayers for you and your family. I can sympathize. I lost my mom 5 years ago to a terrible disease and my dad suddenly in May. Neither way is easy no matter their age. It's a club nobody wants to be in but most of us must go through it. God bless.

Last edited:
Your request for prayer is fine with me. I have asked the Heavenly Father to draw your mother close, and to give your family that peace that surpasses all human understanding. May the God of all comfort be with you and your mother.

I hope you and your family find a way to rejoice in the many good times you have had and make some new memories during this difficult time. None of us know how long we will be allowed to walk on this earth so take advantage of the knowledge you've received and let her know how much she is appreciated and loved. Many prayers to you all.

Truly sorry my friend. My prayers will be for the lord to have mercy on her and for the lord to give all of your family strength and courage to endure this hard time. Ill pray for the lord to give your family the peace that only he can give.

There's an old Jewish proverb ...

"God could not be everywhere, and therefore, he made mothers."

My condolences and prayers.

You got it, prayers sent!

Prayers sent up..

Make sure your mom knows the Lord, and all will be fine. If she’s accepted Jesus as her savior, she has nothing to fear!

I lost my mom to cancer almost 12 years ago,, and i still miss her, i wish my kids had known her,,, but i take comfort in knowing that I’ll see her again when God’s done with me here!

God bless you and your family,, and fear not,, we’re never out of his reach..

Cherish what little time you have left. Even if that means taking a LOA from work. You will be glad you did. Lost my mom a year ago next week and regret not taking a LOA to spend as much time as possible. Good luck and God Bless.

I know this may strange me asking this to some of you. I apologize to those folks. But sometimes it feels like we kind of get to know one another. I just received a report today, my mother has a large mass in her abdomen, kidney, and around her heart. She is terminal and has 2 less than 2 months to live. We lost my dad a little over 3 years ago. It has been a difficult 3 years for her and the family. Don't think she ever recovered from it. She was a homebody and didn't really reach out to anybody other than the immediate family Not sure what to ask you to pray for. Thanks for taking time to read this and for those who choose to pray thank you for your prayers in advance. She is older, 82 years prayers sent

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT