ADVERTISEMENT

OT: proof that people have more money than sense

GarnetBeamer

Dec 7, 2020

Description of their product: "The canvases you see are movies condensed into chronological color strips that represent each frame - meaning the colors you see can roughly represent the main color of that scene. The movie begins with a single color strip at the start of canvas (left) and ends with the last strip (right). You can see how beautiful movies are in terms of colors!"

This is "A Few Good Men." Per the ad that popped up on my FB, you're supposed to look at the paintings and reminded of family movie nights as a kid, your first movie with a date, etc. Who would ever look at one of these and be reminded of a movie, other than the fact that you know you paid $100 for this painting that's supposed to be about a movie?

Front_a7b796a7-2da7-404e-8909-e34a87a2297a_1920x.progressive.jpg

Reactions: SCexpat38
From a uniqueness point of view, it is pretty cool.

It is unique...I'll give you that.

I like their description "the colors you see can roughly represent the main color of that scene." lol. Not the colors DO REPRESENT or can represent or roughly represent...they can roughly represent. So, basically, it's some random colors they threw down and tell you "Yes, this is what Lion King looks like." And you just take their word for it, because who really knows?

Description of their product: "The canvases you see are movies condensed into chronological color strips that represent each frame - meaning the colors you see can roughly represent the main color of that scene. The movie begins with a single color strip at the start of canvas (left) and ends with the last strip (right). You can see how beautiful movies are in terms of colors!"

This is "A Few Good Men." Per the ad that popped up on my FB, you're supposed to look at the paintings and reminded of family movie nights as a kid, your first movie with a date, etc. Who would ever look at one of these and be reminded of a movie, other than the fact that you know you paid $100 for this painting that's supposed to be about a movie?

Whatever they are asking, it is too much.

When you have a opportunity, check out what NFT artwork (non-fungible token) is selling for and what you receive.

Mike Winklemann {aka "Beeple"}, an artist out of North Charleston, recently received almost $70 million for one.

His is #1 in the list below:
https://decrypt.co/62898/the-10-most-expensive-nfts-ever-sold

When you have a opportunity, check out what NFT artwork (non-fungible token) is selling for and what you receive.

Mike Winklemann {aka "Beeple"}, an artist out of North Charleston, recently received almost $70 million for one.

His is #1 in the list below:
https://decrypt.co/62898/the-10-most-expensive-nfts-ever-sold
It's a really weird pastime for fabulously wealthy people. The value is in the supposed singular uniqueness of these digital "objects." The problem is it only exists that way and could one day be erased from existence with the click of a mouse or keypress, exposure of the storage device to a strong magnetic field, or an EMP. :(

Reactions: Balwiles
Been around a while. I saw one of frame by frame of all 8 Harry Potter movies and it went from light to dark, showing how dark the movies eventually became

What a bunch of crap. They basically colorize a bar code and say its a movie. Doesnt surprise me some people think this is "art".

The part that cracks me up is that they don't even make any fantastic claim about how closely the lines in the print actually correspond to the primary colors of each movie scene. The most they'll say is that the print "can roughly represent" the main color from each scene. So what are people paying for here?

That is unique, but damn!

I ordered one of these on July 22nd for a friend's birthday. The Empire Strikes Back. It's supposed to arrive tomorrow. I hope he likes it, and if he does, I'm taking credit. If not, I blame y'all.

• Haha
Reactions: TAV31
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT