ADVERTISEMENT

OT Reverend Billy Graham passes away today... He was 99 years old

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Franklin Graham couldn't carry his fathers.... and i'll be kind, his shoe laces....not impressed"

That's the damn truth. Billy was a good man. His son...complete piece of trash!

Reactions: punydevil
“Someday you will read or hear that Billy Graham is dead. Don’t you believe a word of it. I shall be more alive than I am now. I will just have changed my address. I will have gone into the presence of God.”
—Billy Graham (1918–2018)

God will never leave the world without a witness. He'll raise up another to carry on His work on earth. The choice will be His anointing.

“Someday you will read or hear that Billy Graham is dead. Don’t you believe a word of it. I shall be more alive than I am now. I will just have changed my address. I will have gone into the presence of God.”
—Billy Graham (1918–2018)

God will never leave the world without a witness. He'll raise up another to carry on His work on earth. The choice will be His anointing.

I heard that quote today, and it made me smile...

In reading some newspaper articles, it was stated that although Rev. Graham was a registered Democrat, he did not support JFK in the 1960 presidential election because Kennedy was Catholic.

Yet in 1986, he was part of the ecumenical program which Holderman put together (probably one of the few good things he did) at WB with the Pope. We all grow and learn throughout our lives. Amen.

Reactions: allyourbase
In reading some newspaper articles, it was stated that although Rev. Graham was a registered Democrat, he did not support JFK in the 1960 presidential election because Kennedy was Catholic.

Yet in 1986, he was part of the ecumenical program which Holderman put together (probably one of the few good things he did) at WB with the Pope. We all grow and learn throughout our lives. Amen.

I believe Kennedy was first Catholic elected President ever...

Billy Graham, second finest person to ever set foot in Billy-Brice.....just behind Marcus Lattimore. Imho

Reactions: Cock_Donor
Dr. Graham is still doing great work even tonight.

At our church tonight they showed a short video that the Billy Graham Evagelistic Association made about 3-4 years ago, which was excellent. It showed some short clips of some of his sermons intermixed with some modern stories of people coming to know Christ.

A middle school boy, who doesn’t attend our church much, told me afterwards that the “video tonight really moved me.” It inspired him. It takes a lot for a middle school kid to admit that.

I attended the crusade in Columbia and also in Charlotte about 14-15 years later.

Last edited:
I commend him for spreading the good news about our Lord Jesus; however, I have some issues with him. There is a youtube video of him saying Christ isn't the only way to heaven and basically promoting universalism! Jesus himself said in John 3:3 and John 3:7 you have to be born again to see the kingdom of God. Additionally, the Bible clearly says you have to repent of your sins, believe Jesus is the son of God, believe he rose from the dead, be baptized in the name of Jesus, receive the Holy Ghost, and then live your life in righteousness.

Also, he had a star on the Hollywood Walk of fame, consulted with presidents, etc. James 4:4 says a friend of the world is an enemy of God. Jesus said you will he hated for my names sake, Matthew 10:22!

Thoughts?

He made himself rich on the backs of the poor. Say what you want about what else he did during his life, but these pastors are who are millionaires building mansions to live in and driving luxury cars are just salesmen preying on the weak minded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT