ADVERTISEMENT

OT: RIP Pavlov's

Had many drinks there late night when I was at Carolina. To hell with Dick Harpootlian and all his NIMBY supporters for trying to outlaw kids having a normal college experience.

Ah, the memories of puking in the bathroom after drinking all day at Salty Nut and thinking a night cap of a few shots at Pavlovs was a good idea.

I tried it several times. Wasn’t a good idea apparently.

Had many drinks there late night when I was at Carolina. To hell with Dick Harpootlian and all his NIMBY supporters for trying to outlaw kids having a normal college experience.

I had the misfortune of working with him years ago. He's a total A hole. If he and the old farts in Charleston have their way, they'll close every bar at 10. Here's an idea: If you don't like living in the city, move to the burbs.

I had the misfortune of working with him years ago. He's a total A hole. If he and the old farts in Charleston have their way, they'll close every bar at 10. Here's an idea: If you don't like living in the city, move to the burbs.

F)&k those kind of guys . It cracks me up . I play gigs at bars that have been in business for decades and some rich snob buys the house right next door and wants to call the cops for noise ordinance. Happens all the time . Your dumba$$ shouldn’t have bought a million dollar house by a freaking live music venue . Freaking idiots . Can’t stand those kind of people . Just because you have money you think it entitles you to dictate anything . Shut up and move to south Florida with the rest of the geezers and yell at kids on your lawn . Can’t stand them .

F)&k those kind of guys . It cracks me up . I play gigs at bars that have been in business for decades and some rich snob buys the house right next door and wants to call the cops for noise ordinance. Happens all the time . Your dumba$$ shouldn’t have bought a million dollar house by a freaking live music venue . Freaking idiots . Can’t stand those kind of people . Just because you have money you think it entitles you to dictate anything . Shut up and move to south Florida with the rest of the geezers and yell at kids on your lawn . Can’t stand them .
I’d see that as a plus. I’d have parties at my house all the time, free live music!

I use to work summers at the Spanish Galleon in North Myrtle Beach back in the mid and late 70’s. I absolutely loved the bar scene and everything that went with it and could party with the best of them. However, my A$$ got old and I now hate the LOUD noise and all that comes with the club scene. If you’re lucky to live long you will hate it as well… You can Bank On It!

It’s so hypocritical though.

I live in beach community. There has been a water sports rental place here since 1992. Now there are homes next to it. They’ve gotten the city to cancel the lease.

Yet now that the rental prices are so high here, the damn houses are full of vacationers.

I have nothing against people from a different geography. But at least here, 8 out of 10 times, the A hole rich dude, well let’s just say he ain’t from here.

It’s so hypocritical though.

I live in beach community. There has been a water sports rental place here since 1992. Now there are homes next to it. They’ve gotten the city to cancel the lease.

Yet now that the rental prices are so high here, the damn houses are full of vacationers.

I have nothing against people from a different geography. But at least here, 8 out of 10 times, the A hole rich dude, well let’s just say he ain’t from here.

Here’s the biggest clusterf$&k in my town …. Beach access . For decades the locals have had access to the beaches and in the last 10 or 15 years major developers have come in and built crazy resorts and basically blocked off the beaches . Not only that, some of them try to rope off sections of the beach as “private property” and deny locals any access to the beach in front of the properties. To say it has got to a boiling point is an understatement. I’ve lost count of how many alterations I’ve had with HOA presidents and tenants of these properties. It’s crazy . What’s even a bigger slap in the face is as soon as a hurricane comes thru and erodes half the beach guess who are the first ones with their hands out waiting for tax $$$ to refurbish their “private beaches”.

Here’s the biggest clusterf$&k in my town …. Beach access . For decades the locals have had access to the beaches and in the last 10 or 15 years major developers have come in and built crazy resorts and basically blocked off the beaches . Not only that, some of them try to rope off sections of the beach as “private property” and deny locals any access to the beach in front of the properties. To say it has got to a boiling point is an understatement. I’ve lost count of how many alterations I’ve had with HOA presidents and tenants of these properties. It’s crazy . What’s even a bigger slap in the face is as soon as a hurricane comes thru and erodes half the beach guess who are the first ones with their hands out waiting for tax $$$ to refurbish their “private beaches”.
Preach!!!! I know exactly what you’re saying.

Aren’t they shutting down Pavs and a handful
Of other 5 pts bars because their employees were literally helping people drug and rape girls? That is what I heard… they had bouncers and bartenders drugging people. The liquor vs food sales laws have always been a thing, when less than 1% of your sales are from food you are not a restaurant. They were generally allowing most of them to get away with it though until employees of the bars were caught drugging girls. Not to mention the owner of Pavs got busted for selling drugs also. I am all for a normal college experience- but getting drugged by a bartender so his buddies can rape you should not be the normal experience. JMHO

Aren’t they shutting down Pavs and a handful
Of other 5 pts bars because their employees were literally helping people drug and rape girls? That is what I heard… they had bouncers and bartenders drugging people. The liquor vs food sales laws have always been a thing, when less than 1% of your sales are from food you are not a restaurant. They were generally allowing most of them to get away with it though until employees of the bars were caught drugging girls. Not to mention the owner of Pavs got busted for selling drugs also. I am all for a normal college experience- but getting drugged by a bartender so his buddies can rape you should not be the normal experience. JMHO
If so necessary!

This happened to my ex wife and friends in Buckhead around 2008. Bunch of college girlfriends went out, husbands went out separately. Got a call from my ex wife, something was wrong. We got to where they were about 30 or so minutes later. They were all sorts of messed up. Trouble talking, trouble walking. More than just drank too much.

Totally drugged. No question. Needless to say, boys night/girls night stopped after that.

I use to work summers at the Spanish Galleon in North Myrtle Beach back in the mid and late 70’s. I absolutely loved the bar scene and everything that went with it and could party with the best of them. However, my A$$ got old and I now hate the LOUD noise and all that comes with the club scene. If you’re lucky to live long you will hate it as well… You can Bank On It!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT