ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Roadside Defoliation in SC.

titaniumspur

Sep 16, 2006
I have noticed on 2 lane roads in multiple counties that apparently some government agency is spraying a defoliant all along the roadsides. They are spraying over the ditch and hitting the first line of small trees beyond the ditch. I have seen spot spraying in the past, but this year it’s like they are spraying every country road in SC. They must be spending a fortune on this. Anybody else notice how thorough they are this year?

It’s not for the power lines. I think it’s for the right-of-ways this time. This is different and yes they did it on every beautiful backroad in Fairfield County. Just as everything was lush and green from all the rain, they have ruined every country road. They finally came along after 3 weeks or so and trimmed our road back but that didn’t eliminate all the brown. While they were trimming, they left huge muddy ruts along the roadsides the day after 2” of rain. I will end on a positive note by saying I hope the person who ordered this had the best of intentions. Smile.

ADVERTISEMENT