ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Samantha Josephson

nikolas22

Dec 2, 2013
The trial for Samantha Josephson will start on Court TV tomorrow. They are doing jury selection today. JUSTICE FOR SAMANTHA!

Last edited:
Reactions: redrogers
I do not believe in the death penalty as a concept. When the state takes a life, it is saying that person is beyond redemption. I believe that that judgement is for God alone.

BUT damn if I don’t want to have 20 minutes with him in a room with me having a metal baseball bat

I do not believe in the death penalty as a concept. When the state takes a life, it is saying that person is beyond redemption. I believe that that judgement is for God alone.

BUT damn if I don’t want to have 20 minutes with him in a room with me having a metal baseball bat
The state just feels that God’s judgement should be sooner rather than later.

Would God sanction that beating? "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." (Jesus)

Reactions: redrogers
Would God sanction that beating? "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." (Jesus)
Duh.... of course not. That’s my whole point! Outrage at evil and injustice is always warranted! Denying the humanity of anyone no matter how evil does more harm to my soul than I could ever do them. Does that mean I don’t think about it at times....

Reactions: Gaimcock

If you want to put a religious spin on it, ok. But, usually the Death Penalty is for someone that will ALWAYS be a threat to society.

Duh.... of course not. That’s my whole point! Outrage at evil and injustice is always warranted! Denying the humanity of anyone no matter how evil does more harm to my soul than I could ever do them. Does that mean I don’t think about it at times....
I'm sorry, I thought you said you wanted to spend 20 minutes with him and you with a metal baseball bat. It must have been a hypothetical, and you only think of beating someone with a metal bat for 20 minutes. Duh... I get it now.

I hope he has a good attorney. If he committed this crime, I hope he is convicted. If he is convicted, I hope he pays the ultimate price. How would anything less constitute justice? He'll have plenty of time to prepare himself if it comes down to that.

Slightly OT: Any local word from the grapevine coming out about the Murdaugh Family killings? All I can find out is what's posted by the Wire Services and news stations online.

From an eternal perspective, the death penalty might be the most compassionate outcome for this young man. The evidence is overwhelmingly indicative of his guilt, yet he is maintaining his innocence. He needs something to make him reconsider his current path.

Slightly OT: Any local word from the grapevine coming out about the Murdaugh Family killings? All I can find out is what's posted by the Wire Services and news stations online.
No, they don't have a clue.

Reactions: chief2791
I thought she as killed in Kingstree in Williamsburg County?
She was found in Clarendon County. However, they believe she was killed not long after taken from 5 Points. Her blood and cell phone were found in his car 2 nights later when they arrested him in Shandon.

The case does not necessarily take place where a body is found, but where they believe the crime occurred.

Reactions: smcnd
No inside knowledge, but the longer this goes on, the more that I think that it will go unsolved, at least in the public eye. I believe they are playing the game of dragging it out so long that the public forgets about it and moves on to something else.

Ok, so there is no danger to the public, right from the beginning. Why, unless you know who did it? I believe they know the who, but are either stumped connecting the dots or there's something rotten in Denmark (in this case Hampton).

I'm leaning toward the rotten part. Never ever underestimate power and money, and that family has both.

Reactions: TAV31

We are a law of the land.

I would rather see him sit in jail with No chance of parole. Death is not true punishment. It's doing to him what he did to Samantha. Just throw away the prison key.

The victims family didn't want to go to trial. They really hoped for a plea. But the defendant turned down the offer. I wish the solicitors would push for more, but life in prison is better than him going free.

Whether he sits in prison for life or gets the death penalty will not bring her back. I don't think the death penalty would bring me any comfort but everyone is different. Trials and appeals put families through hell. It makes them have to relive all the pain and suffering. God be with them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT