ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Small Talk now Premium Content?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said it was likely. The last few days have been ridiculous. People on both sides have shown a complete disregard for rules, so we made it premium. This change will hopefully be permanent.
Here's literally what you said:

"Actually, due to recent issues on Small Talk, we are submitting changes to Rivals IT. It will become a premium board like it used to be. Too many people creating multiple accounts to create problems on there. Basically, the forum will return to what it once was, a dead board."

There were a lot of people over there telling a lot of lies and a lot of people over there calling them out on these lies which created angst. Yes, it got out hand at times. There were also some great conversations. It was a nice run.

"Actually, due to recent issues on Small Talk, we are submitting changes to Rivals IT. It will become a premium board like it used to be. Too many people creating multiple accounts to create problems on there. Basically, the forum will return to what it once was, a dead board."

There were a lot of people over there telling a lot of lies and a lot of people over there calling them out on these lies which created angst. Yes, it got out hand at times. There were also some great conversations. It was a nice run.
We were submitting it. Still didn't know if it would happen.

Fair enough.

Go Cocks!
Yeah it sucks. There was more good imo, and it wasn't necessarily non-subscribers that were causing the trouble. After all the years it was premium before...well like you said, it was a nice run.
I give Beckham props for dealing with it as long as he did.

Might as well circular file it now, it will die, again.

Lol...worms are small time, little league.
83219305.gif

Too bad. I guess a lot of threads were removed before I could read them so it didn't look too bad to be. The mods probably put in too much time to monitor a free forum. Let's all go to Locker Room (for a LOT less contentious posts). I don't think I will pay premium rates again so have fun without me.

Too bad. I guess a lot of threads were removed before I could read them so it didn't look too bad to be. The mods probably put in too much time to monitor a free forum. Let's all go to Locker Room (for a LOT less contentious posts). I don't think I will pay premium rates again so have fun without me.
Fine and dandy, but keep politics off of locker room. It's all about booze, women, music, movies, etc

Basically, anything that isn't sports or politics.

Reactions: citadel87
LR was originally a BBQ forum, right?

BTW, thanks for you and the other mods that kept ST free.

Is there any way to detect people who are banned and then get back in with another name?

Anyone know another free political board? I'm going in search of, but I doubt there's a decent out their as toxic as politics are right now.
I know Iowa use to have one but it was like the wild, wild west. Too many posters overall and way too many instigators.

Fine and dandy, but keep politics off of locker room. It's all about booze, women, music, movies, etc

Basically, anything that isn't sports or politics.

Beck, please, please don't allow the Locker Room to become political. I still have the hopes of turning it into a fun board, with topics such as cars, books, people's connection between different towns in SC, etc.

LR was originally a BBQ forum, right?

BTW, thanks for you and the other mods that kept ST free.

Is there any way to detect people who are banned and then get back in with another name?
I vouched for everyone 5 years ago, and Shoe obliged by opening it up. Shoe said that Small Talk could be open but was my responsibility. Small Talk has been bumpy through the years, but nothing compares to the last week on there.

I simply don't have time to babysit a bunch of children who can't carry on a civilized conversation. That doesn't mean all of you, but it did reach a breaking point.

Also, and you can thank multiple posters for some of this. Blacklisted posters were creating duplicate names. Making it premium, stops that immediately. If they want to make a bunch of names everyday, they can pull out their credit cards to do it.

I vouched for everyone 5 years ago, and Shoe obliged by opening it up. Shoe said that Small Talk could be open but was my responsibility. Small Talk has been bumpy through the years, but nothing compares to the last week on there.

I simply don't have time to babysit a bunch of children who can't carry on a civilized conversation. That doesn't mean all of you, but it did reach a breaking point.

Also, and you can thank multiple posters for some of this. Blacklisted posters were creating duplicate names. Making it premium, stops that immediately. If they want to make a bunch of names everyday, they can pull out their credit cards to do it.
I appreciate what you have done, and put into this board. I don't want to see it go.
It used to be more civilized and more fun too, maybe this will wake up some?

Thanks Chuck...errr, Michael :eek::p:D

Reactions: uscbeckham
Wow.... that sucks. Really enjoyed posting in the food thread lately, and the eclipse thread. I'm a teacher with a stay-at-home mom and a 2 year-old-son... just can't justify paying for an online message board. Bummer.

Reactions: DC-99 and clickbait
Wow.... that sucks. Really enjoyed posting in the food thread lately, and the eclipse thread. I'm a teacher with a stay-at-home mom and a 2 year-old-son... just can't justify paying for an online message board. Bummer.
I enjoyed your post in the food thread. I love good bread. After seeing your pics I felt the need to treat myself to grecian gardens this week. Their bread and greek salad ftw.

Reactions: Cock_Donor
Food threads are perfect for Locker Room. Go over there and try it out. Why were people using ST for topics other than politics and other controversial topics?

While we're complaining about features of the free board, can the video ads with sound go away? Very annoying
Those things crash my browser constantly. They are bad for business. I contacted Shoe and let him know. I know it's not a GC thing but a Rivals thing. He said he reported it to them.

While we're complaining about features of the free board, can the video ads with sound go away? Very annoying
Those ads are only supposed to have sound if you put your mouse over them. If you do have an ad play sound on its own, please let us know. Include the name of the product in the ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: coolcock2001

A sign.of the times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT