ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Smells that are pleasing.

When I was young I loved the smells of cocoa butter mixed with salt air because that meant I was on the beach watching the pretty girls go by.

Driving around in some places in the upstate with my windows rolled down I could smell the honeysuckle blowing in from the side of the road. Honeysuckle is something else.

Always loved country smells, for some reason. Barns, grass, dirt, wood, fire smoke, charcoal burning.

Kind of miss Army smells -- whatever it was. Canvas and bootpolish and brasso.

My wife after she just comes out of the shower smells good too.

Certain perfumes
New cars
Camellias and some others
BBQ restaurants/smokers
Clothes washed in Gain
Bacon & eggs cooking
Tomato plants (not the tomato)

Reactions: Judson1
New fabric, new shoes
the lumber in Lowe's (they probably charge to smell it now)
fertilizer and grass seed in a feed and farm
internal combustion engines

The odor of pine in Wyoming just after a rain. I don't think the tree was a pine but it was a tree in the pine family. I was somewhere near the Wyoming / Montana border and it had just stopped raining. The odor was the cleanest most refreshing odor I have every smelled. There were others at that particular pull off that made the same comment as me about the odor.

A saddle/tack shop
A forest of spruce trees (see Freddie's post above)
The crease of a new book (most of the time)
Fresh spent brass at the gun range
A McDonalds bag with a couple of combos sitting in the passenger seat of my car.

😎

giphy.gif

A pile of burning leaves.

I don't smoke, but love the smell of a pipe or cigar.
I quit smoking in my late 20s. Even now I like the hint of cigarette smoke. Not a smoke filled room. But I swear I can smell it from a car in front of me in traffic. Now I won't even smoke a cigar because I know I'd LOVE it.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT