ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Spectrum TV woes

spur_rem

Oct 29, 2015
Anyone having trouble with their Spectrum service being distorted / pixelated on certain channels? mine mostly happens on SECN 384 and higher but sometimes happens on lower channels. Its beyond frustrating.

Anyone having trouble with their Spectrum service being distorted / pixelated on certain channels? mine mostly happens on SECN 384 and higher but sometimes happens on lower channels. Its beyond frustrating.
I have DirectTV at my house, but I'm at my parents this week, and I have noticed theirs is doing that. Maybe they are going through some updates or something.

Got rid of them several years ago when they were still Time Warner for several reasons, one being what you mentioned. I went back to their internet service for about three months back in 2015 before I switched back to AT&T. Someone could offer me Spectrum for free and I still wouldn’t take it.

I had Time Warner for decades...constant problems. About three years ago I switched to ATT/Directv and have had no problems since. I thought that it was normal to have shutdowns on internet service, modem problems, bad reception. Not any more but the cost is rather steep.

Yes, they sent a technician to the house and he straightened it out.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
I have YouTubeTV and completely satisfied. However, I believe I need to upgrade my router. Any suggestions on routers that support streaming really well?

I occasionally have problems but I call Spectrum and they send me a boaster signal and that usually does the job.

I have YouTubeTV and completely satisfied. However, I believe I need to upgrade my router. Any suggestions on routers that support streaming really well?
You should need a router to match your bandwidth speed. Most new routers support up to 300 Mbps. Some have dual bands where you can split into 5G and 2G depending on which device needs the faster.

I have YouTube TV also and love it. You didn't mention what your present router is. I have a Netgear $50 router and have no problems. You can spend 300-400 on one but if you are just streaming TV and not gaming you really don't need a high end router

I had the opposite experience. I had ATT uVerse for 4 years. The quality declined and the price went up. Customer service was atrocious. They would actually argue with me about whether I needed service - when I could understand them. I switched to Spectrum and have never been happier. Very few problems and when I have had a problem it was usually fixed within hours. (Not days) Internet is faster and channel selection is better. Yes, there is some occasional pixilation but overall the service is better. And the price is $50 per month less than what I was paying ATT.

Never going back to ATT.

I have YouTube TV also and love it. You didn't mention what your present router is. I have a Netgear $50 router and have no problems. You can spend 300-400 on one but if you are just streaming TV and not gaming you really don't need a high end router
Yeah think I need to move it downstairs

How many people/devices you got pulling off
Your internet matters..an ac1200 router should be ok..I use the 5G for streaming and the 2.5? for phones ..

ADVERTISEMENT