ADVERTISEMENT

Ot- Standing in line at 7:00 AM to vote!

I saw a picture of our little small-town voting location as of 6:30, where there are usually 20 cars...... Parking lot packed, cars lined down both sides of the road. Holy smokes! I was thinking about going early bu I think we’ll wait until mid-morning.

There was a line wrapping around the church where I am at- first time voting here, no clue if this is normal, but it is packed! No crazies out (from either side) trying to intimidate folks, thanks god...

Reactions: searooster
In 2016 I walked in with no wait. This morning it was wrapped around the same building.

Hopefully this afternoon won't be as packed

Got in line at 5:45 to vote. My family and I was exactly 16,17,18,19 in line. People were lined up in the road. O'Neal Precinct in Blue Ridge.

• Haha
Reactions: andersoncountycock
Got here at 630 and still about 75-100 people in front of me to vote and it’s 8:00.

I hate to complain......but I will i know it all volunteers. And God bless them. But we have way to many old people trying to run the computers and check people in. There were 10 voting machines and there was never more than 4 people voting at a time. They were really slow at moving people along. Hopefully it will get better as the day goes on for them. Again God bless them for volunteering.

Reactions: 92Pony
I hate to complain......but I will i know it all volunteers. And God bless them. But we have way to many old people trying to run the computers and check people in. There were 10 voting machines and there was never more than 4 people voting at a time. They were really slow at moving people along. Hopefully it will get better as the day goes on for them. Again God bless them for volunteering.
I hear you. Sadly(and I’m not knocking you/your comment) that generation is perhaps the last with a strong volunteer/servant mindset. Younger generations don’t want to be bothered ; I admittedly fall into that category too often myself.

At the end of the day is there really any difference between voting in person or online? There's fraud doing both. You can sign up for Social Security, shop, bank and buy and trade stokes online but you cant vote, seems odd to me. Standing in line to vote has been going on forever, time for a change.

I saw a picture of our little small-town voting location as of 6:30, where there are usually 20 cars...... Parking lot packed, cars lined down both sides of the road. Holy smokes! I was thinking about going early bu I think we’ll wait until mid-morning.
I voted over a week ago. There was almost no wait whatsoever. I will do this every election henceforth and forever.

Reactions: Dizzy01
I hear you. Sadly(and I’m not knocking you/your comment) that generation is perhaps the last with a strong volunteer/servant mindset. Younger generations don’t want to be bothered ; I admittedly fall into that category too often myself.
I don’t think a volunteer at my spot here in West Columbia was over the age of 50..

I'm going tonight after work. The ladies who run my polling place have been working there for 30ish years. They have it running like a well oiled machine. 4 years ago, I went before work. Got there at 7 am, and was back in my car by 8 am. I signed in somewhere in the mid 200s to vote. I'm hoping it will be just as smooth tonight.

You should volunteer next year. They always need help

absentee ballot the last 3 elections. i figured the lines would be insane this year regardless of which side you fall on.

Reactions: nikolas22
At the end of the day is there really any difference between voting in person or online? There's fraud doing both. You can sign up for Social Security, shop, bank and buy and trade stokes online but you cant vote, seems odd to me. Standing in line to vote has been going on forever, time for a change.
I kinda think the opposite. I'd prefer seeing more effort made into casting a vote. I tend to think if someone is willing to put forth an effort like standing in line or at least requesting an absentee ballot, they probably care more about the process, are more informed or at least passionate about what or who they want in a candidate. The thought of ignorant people voting just because they can scares me. But if they put forth an effort to do so, it's all good.

We voted three weeks ago and were in and out in 30 min. I hope this is the way it works from here on out.

My daughter in law took off work today to volunteer to work in her polling place in Charlotte. All aspects of voting need to be updated.

Extremely packed by 6am w ppl lined up at my place. I came back at 9:15 and voted within 5 minutes. I believe that shows the work force actually came out strong and voted this morning. 👍

Extremely packed by 6am w ppl lined up at my place. I came back at 9:15 and voted within 5 minutes. I believe that shows the work force actually came out strong and voted this morning. 👍
It seems voter turnout has been strong by all early indications. Not 100% which side that favors... But it is a good thing regardless IMO!

First absentee vote ever for me. Little digital back and forth, dropped it off, checked online later, it was there. But honestly, I miss seeing the poll folks.

I needed 15 minutes to vote down here. Of course, there were plenty of elderly voting, and mostly the same age group were working the polls (and quite efficiently, I might add).

less than ten minutes @2:00 pm today

very well done by poll volunteers

no voter suppression observed

good luck

God Bless America

Reactions: Bear_Rooster
We waited in line this am at 10:35 for an hour and ten minutes. My daughter went to the same polling place this evening about 6:00 and was in/out in under 10min. Several other friends around the area have shared similar stories of late-day voting. Lots and lots of people got out early.

Wife and I had zero wait in Columbia. Both morning and evening. More pole workers than I’ve ever seen there before. Lots of younger people too. Someone asked to interview me after for a documentary. Said “no thanks” as I don’t care to be canceled or condescended to. And some people wonder why the polls are rubbish.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT