ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Starting to go bald. Any suggestions for treatments?

When I was going bald I became really distraught. I resorted to online dating and met this gorgeous shapely lady in her late 20’s. I could tell she wasn’t thrilled with my looks and knew it had to do with my baldness. This called for drastic measures. I took her downtown to a swanky restaurant. When we came out I noticed a jewelry store next door. We walked in and I inquired about a diamond ring for my lady. She tried it on and loved it. I asked the salesman how the price. He replied, “$5,000”. I told him I needed something more expensive. He brought out another ring. The diamond was huge. I asked it’s price and he said, $25,000”. My lady friend just melted over this diamond. I told the salesman that I’d write a check that he could verify with the bank when they open on Monday morning. He would hold the diamond until the check cleared.

On Monday afternoon the salesman called and sternly informed me there was no money in the account. I replied, “Hell I know that but let me tell you about my weekend”.

Hair implants are extremely painful ( donor area ) and can look sprigged remember Strom?

Been there done that, didn't like the look, wore a piece for awhile and then

went topless. Best way to maintain a shaved head is with a rotary blade electric razor.

The rotary blade electric razor wont shave it slick though.....

Grow a mullet.
That's a skullet, sir. And Ben rocked it hard.

d540a5e9a2c842df97a190a287eb7cda.jpg

Reactions: SCexpat38
Late to the party, but here’s my two cents: balding is normal, keep the sides really short and don’t overuse any kind of styling product on top while you still have your hair. When you can see your scalp through your hair, however, it’s time to let it go.

A really cheap band aid if you are opposed to weird chemicals is to use hair fibers. Look up Toppik, you can pick up a sample for less than $10 in most stores and it will last you long enough to figure out if it works for you. Sure, it washes out and you have to reapply it every morning, but it only takes a minute, and definitely enhances what you have left.

Fortunately, the bald/stubble look suits me, but it definitely doesn’t suit everyone. I highly recommend getting in good shape, growing a beard, and dressing well. Women care way more about that than about a bald head. We’re men, we go bald, sh*t happens. Control what you can control and f*ck the rest of it.

i figure as many guys that are on here, there’s a good percentage that is facing the same reality. What works best to slow it down?
I tried a few things. I was fooling myself, so I just got a buzz cut and have ever since. Just don't comb it over. People will laugh at you behind your back. Wear a hat. It's very easy and painful to get a sunburn on your scalp.

Reactions: king ward
Late to the party, but here’s my two cents: balding is normal, keep the sides really short and don’t overuse any kind of styling product on top while you still have your hair. When you can see your scalp through your hair, however, it’s time to let it go.

A really cheap band aid if you are opposed to weird chemicals is to use hair fibers. Look up Toppik, you can pick up a sample for less than $10 in most stores and it will last you long enough to figure out if it works for you. Sure, it washes out and you have to reapply it every morning, but it only takes a minute, and definitely enhances what you have left.

Fortunately, the bald/stubble look suits me, but it definitely doesn’t suit everyone. I highly recommend getting in good shape, growing a beard, and dressing well. Women care way more about that than about a bald head. We’re men, we go bald, sh*t happens. Control what you can control and f*ck the rest of it.
I think the main thing about being bald is to go ahead and be bald. Don't be semi-bald or some fake version of non-bald. I also think that the acceptable bald look depends a great deal on the shape and size of the head. The larger and rounder the cranium, the better bald looks. Pea-headed men can't pull it off as well.

I started losing my hair at 24. By 30 I was almost completely bald on top. It nearly drove me insane! Now that I'm a senior citizen, looking back at that time, I now realize there are far more important things to be concerned about than having a full head of hair. Especially for the reasons I worried about at that age. I'd give just about anything now to have the money back that I wasted in those days on hair products. Everything from doctor visits, rogain, hair pieces, etc. Literally thousands of dollars wasted!

If you're still young this may not be what you want to hear, but please, take my advice. Just accept going bald. Perhaps it's hereditary, & simply cannot be helped. But like many others have suggested, just shave your head. I did, & have enjoyed the look now for many years. And in spite of being an older man I've had many women compliment me on how it looks. In short, don't worry about what you cannot help. Hope this make you feel better...

Just accept it. Having a baseball cap on 24/7 you look like a fool. Others know you are bald. Let it go.

Reactions: TheReelEss
Just don't comb what hair you have over your bald spot. You are not fooling anybody.

If you're going topless use a razor to get it short the first time. After that use a rotary electric. If you use a razor everyday your oil glands will secrete more oil and nobody likes a chrome dome.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT