ADVERTISEMENT

OT: status of the pandemic, per Dr. Fauci

Yes, let's listen to the message board experts instead of CDC.
Doc, with all due respect, the CDC and Fauci have a history of changing their directives so often, they don't issue them in ink anymore, all their releases are done in pencil so that they can be changed. No mask, one mask, two masks, outside masks, no outside masks, 6 foot social distancing, 6 foot is not effective, Many physicians say open back up. And before you say they are changing with the science, Whose science? What science? Fauci flops more than a European soccer player.

So you think biological entities and diseases are straightforward and simple?
So you think this isn't politically driven? It seems the National Teachers Union was consulted about CDC Guidelines for reopening schools and their comments were included almost verbatim in the CDC Guidelines. So the head of the National Teachers Union president is a medical scientist too?

Last edited:
So you think biological entities and diseases are straightforward and simple?
Medicine is not always absolute. Even the longest known illnesses and diseases can take a long time to recognize, diagnose and come up with the appropriate treatment. That goes even more so for something as new as covid. The current 7-day moving average for daily new covid cases is down 16% from the previous week. Compared with the highest peak on January 8, 2021 (250,000) to around 50,000 today, that's down around 80% from the peak. No medical doctor nor entity is perfect. But, it's hard to argue with the progress made. Thus, I'm fine with listening to Dr. Fauci and the CDC.

“It’s so clear that the overwhelming weight of serious disease and mortality [from the ro] is on those who are elderly and those with a serious comorbidity.”

~ Dr. Tony Fauci, March 9, 2020

The numbers still support this assessment. Practicing MDs still support this assertion.

What changed?

Reactions: myrtlecock
Medicine is not always absolute. Even the longest known illnesses and diseases can take a long time to recognize, diagnose and come up with the appropriate treatment. That goes even more so for something as new as covid. The current 7-day moving average for daily new covid cases is down 16% from the previous week. Compared with the highest peak on January 8, 2021 (250,000) to around 50,000 today, that's down around 80% from the peak. No medical doctor nor entity is perfect. But, it's hard to argue with the progress made. Thus, I'm fine with listening to Dr. Fauci and the CDC.

Check last year's death chart.

As soon as strong sun & UV light returned to North America, it trended down in similar fashion.

Lots of young people are dying there and, not just in the cities.

But India's death total is currently under half of ours and they have 1.4 billion people and per capita is insane.

It's clear officials here are on a push to get over half of America vaccinated anyway they can. It's hard not to be somewhat skeptical of reporting given everything that's been going on the past year or two.

Last edited:
Reactions: myrtlecock
So you think this isn't politically driven? It seems the National Teachers Union was consulted about CDC Guidelines for reopening schools and their comments were included almost verbatim in the CDC Guidelines. So the head of the National Teachers Union president is a medical scientist too?
Why wouldn't you consult the teachers about guidelines for reopening schools?

um that was after a "lockdown." I call it that because we never actually had a lockdown in SC. What happened after July 4th, spring break, etc?

Deaths dropped last April as they are doing now, and then flatlined from early June until early November. Check the chart.

But India's death total is currently under half of ours and they have 1.4 billion people and per capita is insane.

It's clear officials here are on a push to get over half of America vaccinated anyway they can. It's hard not to be somewhat skeptical of reporting given everything that's been going on the past year or two.
But India's cases have been surging and, they are currently in a crisis. From what I have read, they let their guard down and spiked the ball too soon.

Right now, our numbers are trending in the right direction, and that's with a colder than normal Spring. I have been vaccinated. Glad to have been. But, that's me.

Last edited:
Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Deaths dropped last April as they are doing now, and then flatlined from early June until early November. Check the chart.
Summer months the cases were around 1000 a day, in the winter months it was averaging around 3000, I wouldnt call that "flatlining"

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
22427.jpeg

Summer months the cases were around 1000 a day, in the winter months it was averaging around 3000, I wouldnt call that "flatlining"
Did you read what you wrote? 1000 a day would be a flat line. 1000 to 2000 to 1000 to 3000 would not be a flat line but 1000 a day would be a rather flat line.

Did you read what you wrote? 1000 a day would be a flat line. 1000 to 2000 to 1000 to 3000 would not be a flat line but 1000 a day would be a rather flat line.
Okay I was reading it as in flatline meaning no activity. With context it seemed to imply that there were not significant cases during that time period

Are they scientists too? No. So why were their results included almost word for word in the CDC guidelines?
I think teachers would have to share about practices and pedagogical options with the various models of school regarding opening schools.

unless you know a better source of understanding the mechanics and day to day activities of running a school more than teachers?

On Wolf Blitzer last night he was asked to put the status of the pandemic into baseball terms. He said it's the bottom of the 6th inning...we're over halfway there, but not close to the end. Let's get those vaccines!
Fauci and baseball should never be mentioned together. He threw the worst pitch to home plate I have ever seen. Stevie Wonder could have done better.

If the CDC health professionals were to consult anyone, it should have been school administrators... not teachers.
Admin are not the ones in the classrooms every day. I don’t think they would have the best information about what life surrounded by 30 kids is like.

I'd call that the impact of UV light and the sun. You should check out how many countries have petitions of MDs with absolutely no financial incentive endorsing vitamin D for COVID. It's literally thousands and they are putting their reputation on the line.

With regard to the 1000, it would be very interesting to know what their Vit D status was. How much time they were spending indoors at that point? How old were they? Comorbid status?

Americans are now spending 95% of their lives indoors in front of blue light, EMFs, WIFI and in a low oxygen environment. Only 20 years ago, that was in the 70-73%. It's both wild and sad. I've setup a workstation outdoors, in bright natural light, grounded to the earth for any work. It's made a world of difference. Especially deep, restorative sleep. Highly recommend.

In terms of flatlining, I was referring to the X axis. It dropped and flatlined thru Oct.

Reactions: Ratheolcoach
Admin are not the ones in the classrooms every day. I don’t think they would have the best information about what life surrounded by 30 kids is like.
And teachers are not the ones running the schools. They are not trained to do so. It should be out of their lane but I do realize they are pulling the strings.

No but they have more experience than anyone when it comes to what will actually work in a school setting.
Given this was an unprecedented pandemic there were no experts because this type of thing hadn’t been dealt with before. I live with a nurse and she didn’t shy away from work, complain about the environment, or make demands to continue to do her job. She sure as shit was consulted. So in this case, who do you think has more expertise on sickness and wellbeing? Teachers, who are only educated to teach children or medical professionals who know how it affects both children and adults daily in the life and death portions?. The CDC has no idea what works and what doesn’t. It’s influenced by whoever’s the loudest and that’s been documented since this thing started. I can’t remember how long Florida was closed, if it was even ever 100% closed, but you compare their numbers to California’s draconian lockdowns and the numbers are very similar. Every situation is different and the CDC has been trying to make blanket recommendations and it’s just not logical.

My point: school setting, business setting, sports setting, whatever is irrelevant. School teachers have no business making health recommendations to medical and science professionals. Their interests are on themselves, not public safety. They want to continue to teach virtually. They enjoy the lockdowns. Not 100% teachers, that’s not what I’m saying, but the people who are at the top of the Teacher’s union absolutely do.

And teachers are not the ones running the schools. They are not trained to do so. It should be out of their lane but I do realize they are pulling the strings.
From what I’ve read, teachers weren’t consulted on how to run the school. They were consulted on practices in their classroom, the cafeteria, and other places they spend all day with kids.

This is how utterly STUPID democrats are. Harris and her husband kiss WITH MASKS on. Both fully vaccinated. Nothing but virtue signaling idiots.

Kamala_Harris_Doug_Elmhoff-e1620238160550.jpg
Haha I live in Nashville where mask mandates are still imposed so when we’re out in public, I yell “Covid Kiss” and smooch on my girlfriend. Yes, it’s stupid, but so are face diapers.

• Haha
Given this was an unprecedented pandemic there were no experts because this type of thing hadn’t been dealt with before. I live with a nurse and she didn’t shy away from work, complain about the environment, or make demands to continue to do her job. She sure as shit was consulted. So in this case, who do you think has more expertise on sickness and wellbeing? Teachers, who are only educated to teach children or medical professionals who know how it affects both children and adults daily in the life and death portions?. The CDC has no idea what works and what doesn’t. It’s influenced by whoever’s the loudest and that’s been documented since this thing started. I can’t remember how long Florida was closed, if it was even ever 100% closed, but you compare their numbers to California’s draconian lockdowns and the numbers are very similar. Every situation is different and the CDC has been trying to make blanket recommendations and it’s just not logical.

My point: school setting, business setting, sports setting, whatever is irrelevant. School teachers have no business making health recommendations to medical and science professionals. Their interests are on themselves, not public safety. They want to continue to teach virtually. They enjoy the lockdowns. Not 100% teachers, that’s not what I’m saying, but the people who are at the top of the Teacher’s union absolutely do.
The science and experts recommendations don’t mean anything if what they suggest can’t be practically implemented in a school setting. That’s why the teachers union was involved- not sure how that can be stated any simpler

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT