ADVERTISEMENT

OT. Talking about low life. Grave marker repo’d

I disagree . He should have not placed the marker without first being paid-in-full. If this is his primary business how can he survive if folks dont pay thier bills? Its a sad story but theres always two sides to be heard. Repossession is rough in this case for sure. I wonder how many times he tried to collect before going to this extreme.
Very sensible position.

The family paid in full for the grave stone, but the family made number of changes that added up to a large amount...

My question? How much are talking about????

Maybe could have gone to magistrates court instead of removing it, but then again like said above there are two sidesof the story.
I would assume the owner would have a trail to show where he sent notices out explaining how much was owed and the possible consequences if not paid?

Maybe could have gone to magistrates court instead of removing it, but then again like said above there are two sidesof the story.
I would assume the owner would have a trail to show where he sent notices out explaining how much was owed and the possible consequences if not paid?

I think this guy is more of a grave robber than repo...

I have some personal knowledge

9 months since invoice paid and marked paid in full

No billing was ever done.

Originally said the added amount was for bronze overruns and taxes

Changed his story when media got involved

As I said horrible business man and person

Reactions: Gradstudent
I have some personal knowledge

9 months since invoice paid and marked paid in full

No billing was ever done.

Originally said the added amount was for bronze overruns and taxes

Changed his story when media got involved

As I said horrible business man and person
I'm trying to understand. If the family is holding an invoice marked "paid in full", why not get an attorney or contact one of these TV problem-solvers as soon as more money was demanded? Maybe I'm not grasping the sequence of events. Did the business owner present a second bill after the first was paid?

Yes. He delivered and installed the marker a few weeks ago. He then presented a bill for extras and would not negotiate. He repo’d the marker this week.

I disagree . He should have not placed the marker without first being paid-in-full. If this is his primary business how can he survive if folks dont pay thier bills? Its a sad story but theres always two sides to be heard. Repossession is rough in this case for sure. I wonder how many times he tried to collect before going to this extreme.
Well you don’t agree to one fee and mark ‘paid in full’ on the the signed invoice and then come back 9 months later and decide you need more money. At least give the family a chance to pay and not repo it within days of notification

Reactions: Gradstudent
It cost money to repossess that rock. Probably as much as he claimed the bill was. I wonder if he has done this before and is switching out gravestones for cheaper ones and got caught this time in the middle of a switch. Then he made up the extra charges story when he got caught.

This guy has been in business for 54 years and finds the need to be that ruthless, at this stage of his career.

Crazy
He has to be in his 70s then. Why not just let it slide? He sounds greedy and soulless.

Seems to be conflicting stories on whether a bill was given to them for changes.

If I was the ruler of the world, any type of grave robbing or tampering would be an executable offense.

Seems to be conflicting stories on whether a bill was given to them for changes.
No bill for nine months...then he delivered/installed marker THEN told them of additional charges about 2 weeks ago. Lots of deception and I feel he just figured they would just pay the extra charges. Seems he has had a change of heart and will be re-installing the marker today and writing off the extra charges. Smart move but his reputation has been severely damaged in this area.

ADVERTISEMENT