ADVERTISEMENT

OT The Thrill is Gone RIP BB KING

My wife and I once partied all night with B.B. King and his entourage. I was stationed at the American Embassy in Moscow. B.B. And his entourage came over on a tour. My wife and I met him at a party that the American Ambassador, Malcolm Toon held for him at Spaso House. After that party/reception, we all went to an "after party" and danced the night away.

Where does my love for music go now? I simply do not know. He was music for me and I wonder how the music will sound without him. God bless and God speed to the king of music kings. The angels get to hear Lucille up close and personal.

Reactions: chick75
He did alot of mentoring. He gave his time unselfishly. So many blues guys today were scouted and helped along by Mr. King. Warren Haynes is a disciple, though he had an "in" already. He once said he was legitimized by BB's blessing. Lucille needs to be in the Smithsonian.

My wife and I once partied all night with B.B. King and his entourage. I was stationed at the American Embassy in Moscow. B.B. And his entourage came over on a tour. My wife and I met him at a party that the American Ambassador, Malcolm Toon held for him at Spaso House. After that party/reception, we all went to an "after party" and danced the night away.
Very cool! Saw him in Greenville a few years ago- he was sort of limited, but was still cool to see him live.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT