ADVERTISEMENT

OT: This should give you chills

Status
Not open for further replies.
A rare moment of patriotism broke out...in NY of all places. Go figure.

Some of you will love this; some of you will hate it.

Islanders fans are a special bunch, a lot of them are from Long Island and other areas outside of the city. I don't lump them in with the fools that put in a complete moron like de Blasio.

That's f'n AWESOME!

Sad to me that some people will hate it.
Where are those "some" who will hate it. I see none here and saw none in the video. You guys dream up this interior enemy of America. Some may disagree with you on some issues but that doesn't make them unAmerican. Patriots can disagree. Always have. Awesome video, just enjoy without having to tarnish it with some dreamt up animosity. It's all good in this video. Period.

God bless America!! Please! This divisive way of thinking hurts us. Help us Lord to listen to each other not hear a position and then shut our minds and entrench ourselves. Help us stay true to your Word and still have peaceful and productive interaction. Amen.

Where are those "some" who will hate it. I see none here and saw none in the video. You guys dream up this interior enemy of America. Some may disagree with you on some issues but that doesn't make them unAmerican. Patriots can disagree. Always have. Awesome video, just enjoy without having to tarnish it with some dreamt up animosity. It's all good in this video. Period.

God bless America!! Please! This divisive way of thinking hurts us. Help us Lord to listen to each other not hear a position and then shut our minds and entrench ourselves. Help us stay true to your Word and still have peaceful and productive interaction. Amen.
This guy gets it.

Reactions: 2TimeTiger

I've been told liberals are "disturbed" by the American flag.

just this past week in the news a reporter for the Times said she was disturbed by so many American Flags flying on Memorial day.

This woke cultural is going to backfire. People realize we are not a racist country. We have racism and a lot of work to do, but as a whole we are a great nation. The media wants to divide us even further. It sells.

Many people have created neat boxes where everyone fits. It is very ironic.

If you're a liberal and you love this country, great. I'm glad for that. It's just for years we see leftists kneeling for the anthem, burning the flag, and denouncing American culture. Forgive us if we are skeptical of your patriotism.
Yup....but now we see "rightists" smashing the Capitol and fighting police.
Extremism helps nothing and it's only gotten noticeably worse since trump entered politics.
There is a pattern....

just this past week in the news a reporter for the Times said she was disturbed by so many American Flags flying on Memorial day.

This woke cultural is going to backfire. People realize we are not a racist country. We have racism and a lot of work to do, but as a whole we are a great nation. The media wants to divide us even further. It sells.
Ding Ding Ding. Winner winner chicken dinner.
Yup....but now we see "rightists" smashing the Capitol and fighting police.
Extremism helps nothing and it's only gotten noticeably worse since trump entered politics.
There is a pattern....
How many liberals died during this (LOL) takeover?? Wait she was a Trump supporter, she doesn’t count.... so NONE!!

That was very refreshing to see after all the crap in the NFL, NBA and other sports where the current trend is disrespecting our National Anthem. To me the National Anthem is a time to put our politics aside and stand together.

You edited your post... Do you call the violence displayed by BLM and Anifa warranted?
I edited it because I don't condemn violence against somebody trying to rob me, kidnap my children, or any one of a number of other things. Why? Do you condemn all violence under any circumstances? If so, you'd be opposed to anyone using a firearm for any reason including defending a home invasion. You don't believe people have the right to defend themselves, I guess. Next thing you know, you're going to want to take my guns, aren't you lefty?

Last edited:
If it’s used to smash in windows of the U.S. Capitol? Yes. If it’s used to represent a pro-fascist wannabe dictator? Yes. If it’s used to strip away the rights of the people for which it flies? Yes. In pretty much all other circumstances, I’m all for the American flag.

Currently I’m very proud of our president for his showing at the G7 and having America welcomed back as a respected member of the free world. Because of this, the American flag can once again be flown with dignity.

• Haha
Reactions: Lakecock1
If it’s used to smash in windows of the U.S. Capitol? Yes. If it’s used to represent a pro-fascist wannabe dictator? Yes. If it’s used to strip away the rights of the people for which it flies? Yes. In pretty much all other circumstances, I’m all for the American flag.

Currently I’m very proud of our president for his showing at the G7 and having America welcomed back as a respected member of the free world. Because of this, the American flag can once again be flown with dignity.
When could it not be flown with dignity? I've been around for 71 years and the sight of the flag flying has always been uplifting to me.

The TDS is strong with you.

I edited it because I don't condemn violence against somebody trying to rob me, kidnap my children, or any one of a number of other things. Why? Do you condemn all violence under any circumstances? If so, you'd be opposed to anyone using a firearm for any reason including defending a home invasion. You don't believe people have the right to defend themselves, I guess. Next thing you know, you're going to want to take my guns, aren't you lefty?
I probably have more guns than anyone on this board.

If you're a liberal and you love this country, great. I'm glad for that. It's just for years we see leftists kneeling for the anthem, burning the flag, and denouncing American culture. Forgive us if we are skeptical of your patriotism.
I never said I was liberal and IDGAF what anyone’s opinion of my patriotism is. His point was valid- nobody here or anywhere else is attacking that video. This entire thread is made up outrage- an attempt by people who claim to be patriots to turn a positive patriotic event into a devisive political $&!tfest.

Reactions: GreatestCock
I never said I was liberal and IDGAF what anyone’s opinion of my patriotism is. His point was valid- nobody here or anywhere else is attacking that video. This entire thread is made up outrage- an attempt by people who claim to be patriots to turn a positive patriotic event into a devisive political $&!tfest.
You say that as if the anthem and flag haven't been attacked.

You say that as if the anthem and flag haven't been attacked.
Nope, I said nothing even remotely close to that. More made up outrage.

Riddle me this though- is freedom of speech not one of the fundamental rights this country was founded on? How can someone call themselves a patriot while at the same time being against other people’s right to express their opinions on the country, the flag or the anthem? Seems pretty unAmerican to me. Your speech in this thread sounds “as if” you’d like to use one of your guns to silence people like that… That my friend is not patriotic in my book.

Nope, I said nothing even remotely close to that. More made up outrage.

Riddle me this though- is freedom of speech not one of the fundamental rights this country was founded on? How can someone call themselves a patriot while at the same time being against other people’s right to express their opinions on the country, the flag or the anthem? Seems pretty unAmerican to me. Your speech in this thread sounds “as if” you’d like to use one of your guns to silence people like that… That my friend is not patriotic in my book.
Ok, buddy, you've gone off the rails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT