ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Top 5 Favorite Christmas Flicks

Funny you ask. My wife loves a Christmas story. I think it’s terrible. I refuse to watch it. Pure chance it’s your favorite. I didn’t say it as a knock to you. I get a lot of people like it.

My top 5:
Christmas vacation
The grinch (live acting version)
Home alone
Home alone 2
Santa clause

next I would have to decide the order of
Rest of the Santa clause movie
Bad santa
The elf
Christmas with the kranks

Reactions: OldBluJacketJr
Funny you ask. My wife loves a Christmas story. I think it’s terrible. I refuse to watch it. Pure chance it’s your favorite. I didn’t say it as a knock to you. I get a lot of people like it.

My top 5:
Christmas vacation
Home alone
Home alone 2
Santa clause

Bad santa
The elf
I really like Christmas With The Cranks! Good movie. Another Tim Allen classic. I think A Christmas Story is a love or hate it type movie. Thanks for sharing!

Die Hard
Bad Santa
Home Alone
Christmas Story
Scrooged
Disqualified. Your list doesn’t include It’s A Wonderful Life! Haha! I’m kidding man. Merry Christmas!
I see you’re of the belief that Die Hard is a Christmas movie, too. I like where your head is at. My parents took me to see Bad Santa when I was about 12. Poor decision on their part! But it was funny!

Disqualified. Your list doesn’t include It’s A Wonderful Life! Haha! I’m kidding man. Merry Christmas!
I see you’re of the belief that Die Hard is a Christmas movie, too. I like where your head is at. My parents took me to see Bad Santa when I was about 12. Poor decision on their part! But it was funny!

Merry Christmas.

You are a lot wrong. How in the world does a Christmas movie top 5 not have National Lampoons Christmas Vacation at #1.

But a “Merry Christmas ya filthy animal” to you and yours.
I took a date to see Christmas Vacation. I had forgotten it, but the girl I took reminded me on Facebook a while back.

Jingle all the way, doesn't deserve to be on any Christmas list of movies. Even if you had listed the worst 5 Christmas Movies, I would not have listed the movie because it was so bad I forgot it even existed.

I stopped watching TV years ago except for sports ...Y’all are bringing back old memories with some of your selections.

Christmas Vacation (gotta love Cousin Eddie)
Christmas Story (classic)
White Christmas (okay, it features B. Crosby singing but it has snow in it...)
Home Alone (“Need a little help”)
How the Grinch Stole Christmas (Jim C. is a weird dude)

honorable mention: It’s a Wonderful Life (it, too, has snow ...)

1. It's a Wonderful Life
2. A Christmas Story
3. Christmas Vacation
4. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer (I'm a kid at heart)
5. Bad Santa

If you were a kid in the 40s and 50s A Christmas Story would have to be at or near the top.

And how could any Christmas movie list not be complete without White Christmas and A Christmas Carol?
The Disney Christmas Carol was an honorable mention for me. Really like the almost scary side of the movie. I mean honestly, if ghost came to visit me at night and take me on an adventure into my past and future... I’d be creeped out!

My top 5:
Christmas vacation
Home alone
Home alone 2
Santa clause

Bad santa
The elf
I’m watching Christmas Vacation right now on AMC. Cousin Eddie’s shitter isn’t full yet.

Reactions: uscg1984
I have to go with...

1.National Lampoons Christmas Vacation
2. How the Grinch Stole Christmas. (Jim Carey)
3. Elf
4. Christmas with the Kranks
5. Die Hard

2 and 3 are interchangeable for the spot rank, and 4 and 5 are distant to 1,2 and 3

Any list without It’s a Wonderful Life is disqualified.
Great movie but there is a dramatic flaw in my eyes that I can't shake. Uncle Billy skated by scot-free for losing that $8,000, which could have ruined his nephew and wrecked his business, thereby leading to the spoiling of Bedford Falls. I'm happy about the ending, but I still get p!$$ed off at Uncle Billy every time I think of his dithering incompetence. He needed to suffer more for his empty-headedness.

Last edited:
Reactions: cfbfan15
I think A Christmas Carol gets hurt by the fact that there are approximately 200 versions of it.

Since the subject came up, I started watching a very dark version of it on FX Fox the other night and stopped after literally a few minutes. Why would someone want to make a dark version of what was intended to be a very heart felt story?

Reactions: king ward
I like all yours, but I would like to Add.

I like Classics like

It's A Wonderful Life
James Stewart & Donna Reed

White Christmas -Bing Crosby.

The Belle of St' Mary - Bing Crosby

Disney Animated Version -"A Christmas Carol."

For Humor Bill Murray, "Scrooged."

I like "Christmas Vacation," with Chevy Chase

Love this thread

Since the subject came up, I started watching a very dark version of it on FX Fox the other night and stopped after literally a few minutes. Why would someone want to make a dark version of what was intended to be a very heart felt story?
Um I would say 90% of the story is dark. You have a man who hates Christmas, gets visited by ghost, refuses to help people, all until he sees the light. Seems pretty dark to me except the end. The end of “carol” is not as dark as you might think.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT