ADVERTISEMENT

OT..Top 5 sports movies?

220px-Baseketball.jpg

If you like soccer, especially if you have kids who play, the recent Pele movie is worthwhile.

Big fan of Rocky, Rudy, Miracle and Breaking Away.

Well the debate I always have with this is what is a "sports" movie? A movie that has sports in it, or the sport/game etc is the essential part of the movie. And yes all of the sports movies are about something else larger than the sport itself, but couldn't we consider Revenge of the Nerds or Wedding Crashers be sports movies? I love the movie Field of Dreams more than anything, but I do not consider it a "sports" movie but Major League is a sports movie.

They way more fun debate is best movie athlete of all time!!!!!

Roy Hobbs?
Joe Kane?
Lance Harbour?
Reg Dunlop?

I don't think it would be a stretch to call Ben Hur a sports movie. In fact, you could call it one of the best ever. Gladiator might fit in there as well.

Last edited:
Well the debate I always have with this is what is a "sports" movie? A movie that has sports in it, or the sport/game etc is the essential part of the movie. And yes all of the sports movies are about something else larger than the sport itself, but couldn't we consider Revenge of the Nerds or Wedding Crashers be sports movies? I love the movie Field of Dreams more than anything, but I do not consider it a "sports" movie but Major League is a sports movie.

They way more fun debate is best movie athlete of all time!!!!!

Roy Hobbs?
Joe Kane?
Lance Harbour?
Reg Dunlop?
Jim Thorp played by Burt Lancaster

I'd go more for drama and societal import in my choices, rather than cheap laughs or cliches.

1. Chariots of Fire
2. The Great White Hope (not hype)
3. Hoosiers
4. Field of Dreams (yeah, I know it's cheesy, but a great Father's Day flick)
5. Knute Rockne, All-American (what can I say, I'm a Reagan fan)

"Sunshiiiiiiine, Sunshiiiiine"
Sunshine is our own Ron Bass. Radio happened in Anderson. The Blind Side tackle still plays for the Panthers, last I heard. I think Lou Holtz was in it too. Several local connections.

Sunshine is our own Ron Bass. Radio happened in Anderson. The Blind Side tackle still plays for the Panthers, last I heard. I think Lou Holtz was in it too. Several local connections.
Yeah, Lou Holtz in Blind Side killed.... He was the head coach from 99-04. "You would look good in Carolina Red" I reaaaaaaaaaally hope he was reading off a script and chose not to correct it......

Remember the Titans, Waterboy, Caddyshack and Happy Gilmore are my favorites that I can remember right off top of my head

Oh yea the movie with Ray Allen and Denxel is really good. Allen plays Jesus. Like Blue chips too

Radio was good movie, except for the Spanish moss in Anderson.

We are Marshall. I'm surprised I am the first to mention it.

The Sandlot, Days of Thunder, Talladega Nights, Invincible, Secretariat, Karate Kid (original)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT