ADVERTISEMENT

OT: US Open @ Pebble Beach

Gary Woodland is a great guy, i scored for him twice this year at Wells. He was so sick Thursday, he could hardly bend over to get ball out of hole. But he didnt want to make his playing partners have to Play a twosome so he stuck it out until after Fridays round, then withdrew.. Plus he is a Big sponsor for "Folds of Honor", even another reason to pull for him.. I hope he wins this damned thing!!!

It's frustrating to pull for DJ. It seems like after he hits a shot that nobody else could hit, he misreads a putt.

Gary Woodland is a great guy, i scored for him twice this year at Wells. He was so sick Thursday, he could hardly bend over to get ball out of hole. But he didnt want to make his playing partners have to Play a twosome so he stuck it out until after Fridays round, then withdrew.. Plus he is a Big sponsor for "Folds of Honor", even another reason to pull for him.. I hope he wins this damned thing!!!

Great story. It was fun watching him yesterday, and I hope he can keep it up. It's going to get harder, though, with JR, Brooks, Rory et al on his tail today.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Woodland hit a great shot on 4 out of a deep divot. That is definitely the dumbest rule in golf that a player has to hit out of a divot. More divots to land in for the guys playing in final groups. Surprised it doesn’t happen far more often. Possibly cost Payne Stewart the US Open at Olympic.

Woodland hit a great shot on 4 out of a deep divot. That is definitely the dumbest rule in golf that a player has to hit out of a divot. More divots to land in for the guys playing in final groups. Surprised it doesn’t happen far more often. Possibly cost Payne Stewart the US Open at Olympic.

Yep, they’ll rake a sand trap so that they can get a great lie but make a player that hit one in a divot in the fairway play it where it lies.

Reactions: section2cock
Yep, they’ll rake a sand trap so that they can get a great lie but make a player that hit one in a divot in the fairway play it where it lies.
You know what? They don't even have rakes at Pine Valley. Just smooth the bunkers with your foot the best you can when exiting.

You know what? They don't even have rakes at Pine Valley. Just smooth the bunkers with your foot the best you can when exiting.

That's they way it should be. Just yesterday watching The Open, Rose hits it into the bunker. One of the announcers says, "He's got a beautiful lie." That's not the intent of golf.

Reactions: king ward
Ah those divots are nothing. You should see the one's I leave ! More like gopher holes.

Side note......heading out to play a round with my son this morning for Father's Day. We will be back in time to catch the Open. Hopefully a good day ahead if I stay out of the beach !

Either Tiger is sick, injured, or has quit. I never thought I would see him quit. Two months after winning the Masters, he looks like an old man. It's early, but he looks bad, woeful.

Last edited:
Either Tiger is sick, injured, or has quit. I never thought I would see him quit. Two months after winning the Masters, he looks like an old man
It's early, but he looks bad, woeful.

At this stage, if he's not in the hunt at a major, he'd probably prefer to not even make the cut. He's played poorly this weekend.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Whether Koepka wins or not, can we stop it with “this particular course” doesn’t suit his game nonsense? The dude is amazing. I don’t get why and I keep waiting for him to become average again. But in a major, you bet your money on that dude until he proves you wrong. He’s almost a guaranteed Top 5 these days. If Woodland hangs on today, he will have earned it this weekend. Made a couple ridiculous pars yesterday. It’ll be interesting down the stretch.

Well, he's still trying, it appears.

when a pro hits a double cross with a short iron, his game is in big trouble. I posted this on Thursday after he blew up on the 5th hole. I don't know why. But his game is in the crapper.

My dark horse, and someone who hasn't been mentioned yet, is Xander Schauffele. He's a California native used to poa greens, and he's been playing well this year. He has good performances in majors (T-2 at the Masters, for example), and in his two previous U.S. Open starts, he finished tied for fifth and tied for sixth.

I was close - Xander ended up tied for 3rd. Woodland was just unbelievable , though. Great week of golf and a great Open.

The man who entered the tournament 169th in scrambling won golf's toughest test by being 1st in scrambling this week. That's what you call being chosen for distinction. That's what you call a statistically prohibitive miracle. Couldn't have happened to a finer person.

ADVERTISEMENT