ADVERTISEMENT

OT: We've had bad weather in Marion, NC / Area. Tornado watch in Rutherford, plus we got 4" of rain in a very

FreddieB, I had no idea you lived in Marion.

I lived in Asheville for 15 years and had a teeny tiny cabin at Lake James.

Ive never seen thunderstorms like Marion gets. Honestly there was many a summer afternoon I got scared. And I lived through Hugo.

Wow! I wish I had known that, I live about two miles from Lake James, right off of Hankins Rd., and we could have gotten together. I have lived in this residence for 27 years. Plus, my best friend lives in Marion and is a huge Gamecock fan as is his two sons and two grandsons. My friend lives on Lake James. In fact, he owns a development on Lake James.

We have had more rain in the last 3-5 years in Marion than I can ever remember in the last 48 total years of living in Marion.

Wow! I wish I had known that, I live about two miles from Lake James, right off of Hankins Rd., and we could have gotten together. I have lived in this residence for 27 years. Plus, my best friend lives in Marion and is a huge Gamecock fan as is his two sons and two grandsons. My friend lives on Lake James. In fact, he owns a development on Lake James.

We have had more rain in the last 3-5 years in Marion than I can ever remember in the last 48 total years of living in Marion.
I drove right past you on Hankins. My spot was at the Bear Creek Marina.

I drove right past you on Hankins. My spot was at the Bear Creek Marina.

I know where that Marina is located, in fact when I use to go to the lake with my buddies that is where they would put their boat into the water.

I live in Deep Woods Estates which is directly off of Hankins.

Freddy, I also lived in the Morgantown, Marion area for a brief time in the 80s. Being a low country boy, the mountains were so different. I loved it there

Freddy, I also lived in the Morgantown, Marion area for a brief time in the 80s. Being a low country boy, the mountains were so different. I loved it there

It took me a while to get use to this area. I was born and raised in Greenville, SC and I always said I would return after I retired but my wife didn't want to (she was born in Spartanburg and was living in Greenville when we met), plus I am so use to this area now, it's home.

I don't know what it is about that area around Rutherfordton, Marion, Forrest City. Must be the way storms are driven by the mountains. But they get more severe weather than any other place in the Carolinas

• Sad
Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
I don't know what it is about that area around Rutherfordton, Marion, Forrest City. Must be the way storms are driven by the mountains. But they get more severe weather than any other place in the Carolinas
I've seen some very damaging weather over a period of years in the area that is for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT