ADVERTISEMENT

OT: What are some little things that make you smile?

Bad seed

Oct 17, 2018
With all the mayhem of conference expansion and the normal, everyday arguing that goes on here at FGF, take a deep breath and tell me what are some little things that make you happy or smile. Not anything big, like a new car or winning $10,000 in the lottery, but something small or simple. Get in this thread and let us know!

As for me, I ordered a book I had read as a teenager. When it came yesterday the sender included a cute little green bookmark. It was the perfect size and color, and I love it. I keep looking at it and it makes me smile.

There was a similar thread some time back, but I'll give the same answer.
My dog's reaction when I come home.
The first crisp morning in the fall.

Pulling out one of my favorite CDs I haven't heard in a while. (Oh, yeah I still listen to them, still beats the compressed sound of streaming)

My grandma has a little magnet....well, I guess it's four separate magnets that go together to look like a watermelon slice...on her refrigerator. This thing has been there since before I was born, and I still smile and have fun playing with it now...putting it together, taking it apat....the same as I did when I was a kid.

1. When my daughter asks me to do something/go somewhere.
2. The first cold beer on a scorching summer day, after I’ve been outside working.
3. Flopping top set against the pre-flop 3 better in a deep stacked game.

Reactions: Yourmothercalled
With all the mayhem of conference expansion and the normal, everyday arguing that goes on here at FGF, take a deep breath and tell me what are some little things that make you happy or smile. Not anything big, like a new car or winning $10,000 in the lottery, but something small or simple. Get in this thread and let us know!

As for me, I ordered a book I had read as a teenager. When it came yesterday the sender included a cute little green bookmark. It was the perfect size and color, and I love it. I keep looking at it and it makes me smile.
Should’ve added puppy breath to mine. Just had a customer bring their new Boykin in. Was smiling ear to ear as it licked my face. Humans need to be more like dogs.

Enjoying a nice meal with my wife and just having a causal conversation with her as we eat.

Seeing some of the wild animals that are in our neighborhood, mostly deer but over the years I've seen just about every animal that is indigenous to WNC, except bears. However, some of our neighbors have reported seeing bears.

Talking and visiting with my best friend and his two sons in Marion.

Last edited:
Enjoying a nice meal with my wife and just having a causal conversation with her as we eat.

Seeing some of the wild animals that are in our neighborhood, mostly deer but over the years I've seen just about every animal that is indigenous to WNC, except bears. However, some of our neighbors have reported seeing bears.
Freddie, I had a few bear encounters in my driveway when I lived in Asheville. That didn’t make me smile.

A greaser 3-point landing with no bounce. (Not me or my airplane!)

My dog's reaction when I come home.
Definitely. It's as if my dog just won the lottery and his happiness makes me happy.

I would add seeing the sunrise against the mountains on what would otherwise be a somber drive to work in the mornings.

A teacher/coach/neighbor/acquaintance going out of their way to tell me what a nice and remarkable young man my son is. That is some powerful juice, right there.

1) The way my dogs act like I came back from the dead after I am gone from the house for an hour.
2) In the 11 years from 2009-2020, kansas football has won only 7 conference games and 21 total wins under 4 head coaches. That's more than a decade of <2 wins per year and <1 conference win per year. (If you don't appreciate this, imagine if it happened to the Taters.) Oh, and the FBI is investigating their basketball program.

• Haha
Reactions: Gamecockben1979
1) The way my dogs act like I came back from the dead after I am gone from the house for an hour.
2) In the 11 years from 2009-2020, kansas football has won only 7 conference games and 21 total wins under 4 head coaches. That's more than a decade of <2 wins per year and <1 conference win per year. (If you don't appreciate this, imagine if it happened to the Taters.) Oh, and the FBI is investigating their basketball program.
Number one is the best description of dogs I’ve ever heard.

The endearing things my basset mix does, and the clownish things my basset hound does. The best is my 4 yr old grandson shouting, "Grandpa!" when he sees me, then running up and hugging my leg. Saw a parked work truck at the entrance of my street today and a guy running to the far side of the 4 lane that runs alongside my street. I watched him pick up a box turtle. Good man, I thought to myself. Made me smile.

All of the above but it's also the little everyday things...laughing with my golf buddies, having your granddaughter run to you from across the room, seeing a rabbit in your yard in the morning due,
a smile or a stranger saying thank you, a cat purring , a dog tail waging. watching the Yardcocks play under a beautiful blue sky and a thousand other things. Be grateful!

• Love
Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT