ADVERTISEMENT

OT: What do you think happened to Dail Dinwiddie

RockThrillCock

Aug 9, 2005
Rock Hill
For some reason last night I was thinking of that poor Tiffany Souers girl from Clemson who was raoer and killed. I know, happy bedtime thoughts. I went to USC a couple of years after Dails disappearance and remember flyers being up. I have a daughter now and would never be at peace if I never knew what happened to her. I think I eventually would go crazy with that. On a happy note I took my daughter to her first Carolina baseball game yesterday. I never have been in the park and I was impressed. Columbia sure has changed since I went to school there. Those were some of the best days of my life.

Sadly I believe she was killed. They had a suspect as I recall who was charged with four separate murders (later admitted to), suspected of many others, and convicted of one, but they could not get enough evidence to charge him with her disappearance. He's still in prison awaiting a death sentence.

I was at that U2 show at the stadium the same night she was there. Very, very sad, and an unimaginable Hell for her parents.

Last edited:
Reactions: glmoreno
Sadly I believe she was killed. They had a suspect as I recall who was charged with four separate murders (later admitted to), suspected of many others, and convicted of one, but they could not get enough evidence to charge him with her disappearance. He's still in prison awaiting a death sentence.

I was at that U2 show at the stadium the same night she was there. Very, very sad, and an unimaginable Hell for her parents.
Aren't both of her parents dead now?

What was the name of the girl who was kidnaped from then Woodhill Mall, and killed in a remote area off Leesburg Road?

I went to the U2 concert that night and 5 Points was packed afterwards. I think she was kidnapped and killed. I hope her parents were able to find peace later in life. If there were cameras then like there are now, this would have been solved quickly.

Now that Brittanee Drexel girl from New York that was abducted from Myrtle Beach and taken to McClellanville to have God knows what was done to her - if I were her Dad, I would be in prison right now because I would have killed everyone that has been listed as a suspect. I get sick just thinking about what she suffered.

Fwiw, I don't believe that jailhouse story of what happened to Brittanee Drexel.

The name escapes me, but there was a guy killed by police (or committed suicide) in Fl after a car chase with police who was suspected of kidnapping and killing several girls. He was a student at USC when Dail went missing and I THINK lived near 5 points.

Aren't both of her parents dead now?

They could very well be deceased. We were living at another house when it first happen I remember that much about the story. And we have been living in our current house 23 1/2 years. Seems like I remember her grandmother being interviewed on TV but at any rate it was just a horrible situation.

I went to the U2 concert that night and 5 Points was packed afterwards. I think she was kidnapped and killed. I hope her parents were able to find peace later in life. If there were cameras then like there are now, this would have been solved quickly.

Now that Brittanee Drexel girl from New York that was abducted from Myrtle Beach and taken to McClellanville to have God knows what was done to her - if I were her Dad, I would be in prison right now because I would have killed everyone that has been listed as a suspect. I get sick just thinking about what she suffered.
I agree. Have always thought she caught a ride w/ someone she "knew" from a class that night and then it went horror flick. So sad....everyone said she was a great gal.

Reactions: mavcock
I had a cousin disappear in 1964. We all assumed she was dead. Seven or eight years ago her sisters found her in Tn. She did not want to be found. You never know.

Her cell phone was found near Santee. She ran away because her mother forbid her to go on spring break. I always felt she threw the phone away because she did not want her mother or anyone else tracing her.

My fraternity brother had (was supposed to have) a date set up with her the following week. She either ditched or was ditched by her friends if I recall. I knew her in high school, and had just seen her again when she was back in columbia. I don't recall where she went to college before her return. I had a friend in high school disappear for weeks....and later found out she ran away. I was hoping the same for Dail. But personally, I think she is dead. She probably kindof knew the creep or the dude knew after the U2 concert, 5 points would be ripe. I watch a lot of forensic files....seems like the likely story, sadly.

There was a story in the paper a couple years ago about her. There are creeps everywhere, but I worry about my daughter and sons. I always preach to never leave your wingman if you are a guy, and always travel in at least 3's if you are female.

There were two guys she was hanging out with at a bar who became persons of interest. However they voluntarily went to the police to be questioned, and were cleared.

Dail's dad went to Dreher with my dad. I'll ask about Mr. Dinwidee.

Yep, you're weird!

There been cases when people missing found alive after 25 years
Screen%20Shot%202013-11-06%20at%2011.17.37%20AM.png

I don't recall cell phones as we know them available in 1992. beepers were common....carphones were available.
This was a "bag phone" world at the time. My buddy had one .
This is right around the time bagphones were transitioning to the box phone.

Reactions: Out of Conference
For some reason last night I was thinking of that poor Tiffany Souers girl from Clemson who was raoer and killed. I know, happy bedtime thoughts. I went to USC a couple of years after Dails disappearance and remember flyers being up. I have a daughter now and would never be at peace if I never knew what happened to her. I think I eventually would go crazy with that. On a happy note I took my daughter to her first Carolina baseball game yesterday. I never have been in the park and I was impressed. Columbia sure has changed since I went to school there. Those were some of the best days of my life.
....so happy for you! A day she will remember forever.......maybe SHE is our Reptar!
Bring her to another home conference game. Let's test this theory! That was a good win, today? Not so much.

When did this happen to the Clemson girl?

EDIT: Never mind I googled her name. I now remember the case, she was a white, blonde haired girl.

Last edited:
Reinaldo Rivera convicted serial killer who was in the area at the time. I think he did it.

Was he the one that was convicted of killing a girl in Spartanburg?

EDIT: I also googled him, he did not kill a girl in Spartanburg, that was a completely different case.

Last edited:
I was in school when she disappeared. I remember the flyer were everywhere. Can't imagine what that was like for her family.

Was he the one that was convicted of killing a girl in Spartanburg?

EDIT: I also googled him, he did not kill a girl in Spartanburg, that was a completely different case.
Rivera killed four women in the Augusta Aiken area. He was at USC in the early 90s.

The group whom live in the area above McClellanville near the south Santee River are known to frequent MB and not for shopping---

Reactions: mavcock
if I were her Dad, I would be in prison right now because I would have killed everyone that has been listed as a suspect.

You damned right!! You're for damned sure right!!! Those are some sick MoFu's that deserve a very slow and VERY painful execution with the use of a baseball bat, chain saw and a very heavy duty press brake.

Just saying, but dammit, they deserve such!

The name escapes me, but there was a guy killed by police (or committed suicide) in Fl after a car chase with police who was suspected of kidnapping and killing several girls. He was a student at USC when Dail went missing and I THINK lived near 5 points.
Richard Evonitz.....he was suspected of doing more than he was caught for but I don't know if they have clues linking him to specific crimes. I know the brave girl who made sure he got caught became a Richland County Sheriff Deputy. Very cool victory out of tragedy story. They made a Cold Case Files Episode out of his story. "Soft Kill"

Reactions: Jpcooper
The group whom live in the area above McClellanville near the south Santee River are known to frequent MB and not for shopping---
I would love more information on this and "the jailhouse story mentioned above.

No. She had married and did not want us in her life. I was so young when she left that I hardly remember her. I would guess there may have been drugs involved.

No. She had married and did not want us in her life. I was so young when she left that I hardly remember her. I would guess there may have been drugs involved.
Thanks i was curious. I couldnt imagine never seen one of my kids ever again.

Both parents died never knowing what happened to her. Since her sisters found her, one has died and the other is pretty much on death watch. Her only brother had died. One of her 2 daughters had a heart attack last year and is now disabled. I don't see how she lives with herself assuming that she's still living.

Sad to hear this . My former sister's brother in law brother ran away from home when he was 17. He must be about 51 now . He lives in the upper part of California in a remote area. He got a Christmas card from last year so he is still alive . His mom and dad has passed and never came to the funerals. Kind of sad that families have go thru this . Sometimes it's mental illness also .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT