ADVERTISEMENT

OT: What is something you've never done that most people your age have done?

Never flown on a plane. I think I may be the last 51yo who hasn’t flown.

Never been on a cruise either - same reason.

You want to fly at least once, imo. After a while it gets to be hum drum but the first few times are fun. However, the tight security checks at airports have taken a lot of fun out of flying commercially.

There are cruises and then there are cruises. I've been on two, one I hated the other one I enjoyed.

Reactions: 92Pony
I’m 49. Never smoked pot. But I still think it should be legalized, especially for medical use. Watching the terminally ill suffer is no fun.

And I’m laughing at the threesome discussion since OP said “something that most people that age have probably done”. Well, watching one online doesn’t count as “most people have done”.

Never smoked it either, but I think half the residents in LaBorde were doing it when I lived there. Matter of fact, on the weekends there always seemed to be a sickening mixture of urine and pot as you walked up the sidewalk to LaBorde.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
giphy-downsized.gif

Weed. The FBI agent who did my first security clearance interview back in 1991 didn't believe me! He reminded me twice that the only way the question could hurt me was if I lied about the answer. I told him that I was around plenty of it, but that I never smoked it. I wasn't all that judgmental, but I saw what habitual use did to some of my fraternity brothers.

Ok this sounds awful but in my twenties I had an “Opportunity” and unbelievably I chickened out . They were 100% down and straight up spooked . Bro that’s a lot of pressure !! It’s one of those things like cliff diving or other cool stuff you talk about doing but when you actually get to the moment of truth .... I actually told my wife about it and just just laughed and said “You can barely take care of one”. Truth hurts

Time for my much too late fortune cookie advice:

“Even if you fail you will still be considered a great success.”

Time for my much too late fortune cookie advice:

“Even if you fail you will still be considered a great success.”

I remember a Ron White bit about him telling his wife about having a fantasy about being with two women . His wife told him what made him think he could satisfy two women ?!? He said “Well.. that wasn’t really a part of the fantasy” Got love ole Ron W

You want to fly at least once, imo. After a while it gets to be hum drum but the first few times are fun. However, the tight security checks at airports have taken a lot of fun out of flying commercially.

There are cruises and then there are cruises. I've been on two, one I hated the other one I enjoyed.
Same here. First time was on one of the mega ships. I hated it. I felt like herded cattle.
The 2nd one was on a much smaller ship and was an Alaskan cruise on the Inside Passage. If you only take one cruise that would be the one to take.

Same here. First time was on one of the mega ships. I hated it. I felt like herded cattle.
The 2nd one was on a much smaller ship and was an Alaskan cruise on the Inside Passage. If you only take one cruise that would be the one to take.

WOW! My exact same experience. My 2nd cruise was to the Inside Passage, I loved the cruise and Alaska.

Last edited:
Reactions: Harvard Gamecock
Went to hear Hank in concert. Two women started brawling a few seats over. Great concert, too.

Go Gamecocks!

SC 95
My parents went with some other married couples to see Hank, Jr. in the 80s. A drunk guy spilled an entire beer on one of the other wives, not my mom. You can imagine how well that went over. An argument ensued that would probably have gotten ugly except security removed the drunk offender. If only that guy had smoked a joint instead.

Never:

Been Arrested
Been Placed in handcuffs
Been On a cruise
Placed a formal bet
Taken a hallucinogenic
Been to regular season NFL game

Think I've done just about everything else within reason and legal
I have done all but ONE of those...

So this is grown up “never have I ever”?

Never have I ever... Benn snow skiing. Tried to go once, did not snow until the day we were leaving.

I've never shot a deer. Unfortunately, I've still killed several with vehicles.
I’ve killed deer with guns, a bow, and with vehicles. Shooting them is cheaper and more fun.
I’m 48, and I’ve never smoked the devil’s lettuce, nor done any other drugs. Never been arrested.

I’ve killed deer with guns, a bow, and with vehicles. Shooting them is cheaper and more fun.
I’m 48, and I’ve never smoked the devil’s lettuce, nor done any other drugs. Never been arrested.

I can't take time off from fishing to shoot critters. I would if I needed to put meat on the table.

Reactions: Bear_Rooster
I understand. If caught as many nice fish as you, I’d keep fishing too. My problem is that now days, I don’t have time to do either. And I live on a lake,lol.
I didn't catch nearly as many good fish when we had the family lake house as I do now. I started fishing private places and my wife remarked that I was becoming a much better fisherman. LOL. Not exactly a coincidence.

I didn't catch nearly as many good fish when we had the family lake house as I do now. I started fishing private places and my wife remarked that I was becoming a much better fisherman. LOL. Not exactly a coincidence.
We sold our house two years ago and moved to our weekender property. Our plan was/is to clear the property and put our home here. We’ve lived in our camper for two years! It’s tough when you both work full time jobs, and are trying to do something like this in the evenings and on weekends. We’ve made progress, but it’s been slow.

I’ve fished in the lake about 6 times in that timeframe, and caught some nice crappie and a few bass. Also been frog gigging a few times. My boat hasn’t been in the water since 2016. My kayak hasn’t been in since last year.

We live on a street with a slew of retired people who fish when they want and hunt when they want. They come over and help from time to time, but mostly they just wanna talk and drink my beer, lol.

Reactions: TheReelEss
We sold our house two years ago and moved to our weekender property. Our plan was/is to clear the property and put our home here. We’ve lived in our camper for two years! It’s tough when you both work full time jobs, and are trying to do something like this in the evenings and on weekends. We’ve made progress, but it’s been slow.

I’ve fished in the lake about 6 times in that timeframe, and caught some nice crappie and a few bass. Also been frog gigging a few times. My boat hasn’t been in the water since 2016. My kayak hasn’t been in since last year.

We live on a street with a slew of retired people who fish when they want and hunt when they want. They come over and help from time to time, but mostly they just wanna talk and drink my beer, lol.
Yeah, my dad and I were the weekend warriors. We did all the chores while my mom and my sister's family just enjoyed it. After my mom died my dad didn't want to use the place much and I was married with a family. My wife didn't love it either. My dad died and taxes were ridiculous on it. So my sister and I sold it and split the money. Crappie fishing is good there, but bass is not so great. I don't miss it much. I used to go over and spend Friday evening putting the boat in and getting ready. I'd get up with the chickens and go out Saturday and there would be boats already sitting where I wanted to fish. I swear they slept in their boats. We used to call it "staging" to fish the good spots. There seemed to always be a tournament. You needed to fish Tues-Thurs to be alone. I like being alone when I fish.

Competing for a fishing spot isn’t too bad here normally . I grew up fishing this lake, although I didn’t have property here until about 5 years ago. It’s a small lake, and there’s little traffic from Labor Day to Memorial Day.

From May to September, it’s look the hell out when you’re on the water. It’s been a lot busier here this year with the virus and schools out, and people having nothing else to do and no place else to go.

I’ve been out in the yard working many times to look up and see one of the guys on the BASS tour driving by to put his boat in at the end of my street,lol.

Competing for a fishing spot isn’t too bad here normally . I grew up fishing this lake, although I didn’t have property here until about 5 years ago. It’s a small lake, and there’s little traffic from Labor Day to Memorial Day.

From May to September, it’s look the hell out when you’re on the water. It’s been a lot busier here this year with the virus and schools out, and people having nothing else to do and no place else to go.
Now I usually fish a small lake that's surrounded by private landowners. I have a gate key. Sometimes I'm the only person there. 5 boats is the most I've ever seen and its electric motors only. I paddle.

That sounds ideal!
Yes! I have a 5 year old kayak I paid $500 for new and I don't have to pay any taxes or do any work on the property I fish. Hard to beat that deal. Of course, I have a few thousand $$$ tied up in tackle. I also have two other ponds I can go to whenever I want and a few more I can get into if I call ahead. But there are BIG bass in this one and it's only 2 miles from my home. I can have all my gear loaded up and be fishing in 20 minutes.

I'm 43 and I've never been to a concert of any kind. I once had tickets to an Alanis Morrisette show in Charlotte, but I blew it off to study for a chemistry exam instead.
Never been to a concert?
Wow. Why live? I’ve probably seen 1000. Give or take.

I’ve never eaten a hard boiled egg.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT